• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Whole 30 When You Don’t Like Cooking

I have had a few questions from friends and Instagram users about Whole 30.  If you don’t know what Whole 30 is, you can check out their website and if you want to start the program yourself, I definitely recommend ordering the book, It Starts with Food.   I am going to start my third round tomorrow and I hate cooking.   I need a sugar detox after the way I ate this holiday season.   
Here are a few tips from a non-cooker that I have learned from my two rounds.
1. Buy the book, It Starts with Food and read it.  It really makes a ton of sense.
2. Invest in some cookbooks.  I like these two: The Whole30 and NomNomPaleo.  I know I said I don’t like cooking but new cookbooks help to motivate me.
I also ordered these but have not tried them out yet:

A way to cheat and not cook is to purchase precooked chicken from an organic grocery store.  I then by frozen organic vegetables.  Sometimes I make the chicken into a soup using frozen organic vegetables and organic chicken broth.    Or throw the chicken onto a salad.   

3. Make breakfast in advance.
This is an easy egg bake.  I mix organic eggs, spinach, broccoli, and sugar free bacon together and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.  My friend Maria does a better job explaining how to make it in her blog post, you can check it out {here}.
4.  Have Whole 30 approved snacks on hand.
5.  Replace soda with alternatives:
6.  Organic Tea – I crave something sweet at night and when that happens, I make myself a cup of decaf organic tea.  Totally not the same, but it helps me get through it. 
7.  Prepare and buy some basics.
Most of the items you can find in the organic section of grocery stores.  Here are some links to items you can snag on Amazon.
8.  Keep yourself accountable.  Click below to download for free. 
9.  Follow the rules:
10.  Search hashtags on Instagram! You can find many recipes, tips, and so much more.  #whole30 
I hope these tips help you!  Good luck.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « My Year in Review
Next Post: Winter Classroom Activities »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Bec Perry

    January 3, 2016 at 11:43 pm

    Your photos have just gotten me so excited because I didn't realise you could buy pre-made Kombucha! I have a recipe to make my own but it sounds a little more complicated than I can be bothered with at the moment.
    I love the "I Quit Sugar: Simplicious" recipe book. It's not entirely Paleo but it mostly fits and has great recipes. Sarah Wilson's instagram or the I Quit Sugar instagram/blog is great too.
    Stars and Wishes

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs