• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Happy 100th Day of School!

Our 100th Day of School was on Monday and we had an amazing day.  This year, besides doing many of the activities in my 100th Day Unit, we all dressed up as 100 year olds.  It was so freakin’ cute!!!  I got the idea from the incredible Deanna Jump.  I even got into the spirit and channeled my inner Long Island old lady and wore as much leopard print as possible.  I hope you enjoy the pictures!  Thank you for making my 100th Day Unit a top seller on TpT.

Me at 100

My class and I dressed up as 100 year olds

One of my students sharing his 100th Day Collection.  

How stinkin’ cute is the mini-walker?!
Click the picture below to hop to Deanna Jump’s blog and download her FREE 100th Day Letter.
Here is a photo of a craft we did Deanna Jump’s adorable torn paper 100 year project..  
I made the simple writing prompt paper to go with it.  Click {here} to download for free!
Here are some class-made books from my unit.

Click on the cover picture below to check out my 100th Day Unit.

Filed Under: Free Downloads, The 100th Day of School, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Common Core Valentine’s Day Math Centers
Next Post: Shoportunity »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Jennifer

    February 15, 2012 at 2:15 am

    So cute!!

    Jennifer
    The First Grade Dream

  2. Laurie

    February 15, 2012 at 2:21 am

    OMG!! Great photos. I hope I look like that at 100. Lots of leopard print, a hairstyle, and still upright!! Thanks for the laugh tonight!!

    Laurie
    http://firstgradelyonsden.blogspot.com/

  3. Kristin

    February 15, 2012 at 2:24 am

    You and your kids look fabulous!! 🙂
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

  4. Kelly

    February 15, 2012 at 2:44 am

    I love your 100th day outfit! I teach at a pre k-12th grade school, so the whole elementary participated in the fun of dressing up as an 100 year old. We did get some strange looks from the older kids. 🙂

  5. Busy Bees

    February 15, 2012 at 2:53 am

    Cute idea!! Your kiddos and you look awesome!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

  6. Michelle Tsivgadellis

    February 15, 2012 at 3:06 am

    WOW! You are some Rockin' stylish granny!! HAHAHA…Thanks for sharing the pics…

    Michelle

    The 3AM Teacher

  7. laughinbrunette (Jennifer)

    February 15, 2012 at 3:06 am

    Those are some cute seniors!! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

  8. Ms. Rachel

    February 15, 2012 at 3:17 am

    When I saw those pics on FB, i about died cracking up! too cute!

    Rachel
    Ms. Rachel’s Room

  9. Traci

    February 15, 2012 at 4:21 am

    Love it. You all look so great.
    ❤ Dragonflies in First ❤

  10. Edana

    February 15, 2012 at 8:25 am

    LOVE IT!!!! how adorable are you all?!!!

    Color Me Kinder

  11. Mrs. Browning

    February 15, 2012 at 10:12 am

    Too stinkin' cute!!
    Rebecca
    Darlininfirst.blogspot.com

  12. Amanda Myers

    February 15, 2012 at 11:47 am

    I love it.
    Mandy
    aspecialkindofclass.blogspot.com

  13. Anonymous

    February 15, 2012 at 7:55 pm

    Very cute!! Great idea!

  14. Mrs. Cupcake

    February 15, 2012 at 11:47 pm

    Wow that mini walker is something else!! So cute!!
    ❤Teri

    A Cupcake for the Teacher

  15. Natalie

    February 16, 2012 at 12:19 am

    So cute! We dressed up for our 100th day, too, and the kids all looked adorable! It was so much fun 🙂

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

  16. mtompkins

    February 16, 2012 at 6:18 am

    Sooo CUTE!! I would've loved it if we could've dressed up but our kids wear uniforms. 🙁 My sister's class dressed up as 100 year olds, and she & her teaching partner dressed up (and acted) like 2nd graders. Too funny!!

    WILD About First Grade!

  17. Erika

    February 18, 2012 at 2:46 am

    Hilarious pictures!

    2B Honey Bunch
    The Best Endings

  18. Yvonne Dixon

    February 18, 2012 at 8:00 pm

    TOO Cute! Love the pics! Great idea. I'll have to remember this one for next year! Love it Erica!-Yvonne Dixon (Sassy in Second)

  19. Deanna Jump

    February 19, 2012 at 2:43 am

    Erica, you are TOO cute! Love it!

  20. Gary

    February 23, 2012 at 2:33 pm

    Ha! I love, love, love your 100 year old lady! I think we would get along splendidly in the classroom! Plus, I am from Long Island originally but work in NYC now teaching first grade at a dual language (ASL and English School). Anyway, thanks for the 100 days of school ideas. I hope I remember them next year! Best, Gary

  21. Dynelle Dunn

    August 2, 2012 at 4:15 am

    YAY! I dress up as a 100 year old lady as well for 100, and have almost tricked the students into believing that I am Mrs. Dunn's 100 year old grandmother!

    Dynelle
    http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.ca/

  22. Stephanie

    January 18, 2013 at 1:41 am

    SO cute, love the mini walker!

    Stephanie
    Elementary My Dear

  23. Miss T

    January 18, 2013 at 1:45 am

    You guys look great for being 100 🙂

    I think the mini-walker is my fave though!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Apple week ideas for first grade plus some freebie Apple week ideas for first grade plus some freebies!  Want the links to everything you see?  Including my new freebie?  Comment APPLES ⬇️ below and I will message you the links!

#appleweek #apples #johnnyappleseed
Teacher outfits for the week! 🍎✨👗 A little teache Teacher outfits for the week! 🍎✨👗

A little teacher style inspo from last week—because comfy, cute, and classroom-ready can absolutely go together! 🙌🏼

Which outfit is your favorite? 💕
Want the links? Comment SHOP below and I’ll send them your way! 🛍️

#TeacherOutfits #TeacherStyle #TeacherFashion #TeacherLife #TeacherClothes
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs