• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Spring Break is Over, Update on Niles, and Plans for April 13th

Last week was my Spring Break and PTL it was!  If you follow me on Instagram, you know that my Niles was at the emergency vet for a few days.  He was in congestive heart failure and had fluid in his lungs.  He was stabilized and when my vet was back on Monday, I was able to take him to see her.  It was a fight!  Pet owners, do your research.  The particular emergency vet office I went to wanted to do unnecessary and super expensive testing in addition to the thousands I already spent.  I am grateful for an aunt, who is in the cardiac field and that my dog’s own vet was able to back up what my aunt had thought.   I was willing to pay whatever to have my Niles back home, though I did not expect a miracle.  He is 15 years old!  What I wanted was him comfortable and home.  So thank you for all of your kind words (100 comments to be exact).  You are all the best!!  He is home now and on new heart medication and he is stable! It was the hardest few days of my life.  I could not stop crying.  I was scared for my dog, upset with the way the emergency vet was treating me, and I had no idea what to do.  
On top of the Niles drama, I moved out of my house and back in with my parents until my new house is ready.   I did all this while my parents were away on vacation.  Again, this was the toughest week of my life.  I am proud that I made it through it!
Though, I forgot this whole closet full of clothes!  Oops.  Thankfully my tenant is my good friend.  She let me come get them back. 
Here are my plans for the week, just click to download. 

I hope to be back to adding the clickable links next week.  Thanks for your patience!

Here are the packets I am using this week:

My colleague Janine made the packet above and it is perfect for math centers.  I decided my kiddos needed a refresher after a week off and we are having math centers on Monday and Tuesday afternoon in addition to Friday am.  Plus, our robot projects are due next week. 

Here are my packets that I will be utilizing:

  

 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Don’t forget to snag this temporary freebie from my Blog Hoppin’ post!

Filed Under: Uncategorized, Visual plans

Previous Post: « Rainbow Craft Freebie, a Sale, and Visual Plans for the Week
Next Post: Adventures in Spelling »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Dianne Mohler

    April 11, 2015 at 10:54 pm

    You are a Wonder Woman! Glad to hear Niles is feeling better. Here's to less stressful times! 🙂
    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    • Erica Bohrer

      April 12, 2015 at 10:16 pm

      Thank you Dianne!

  2. Jeanne

    April 12, 2015 at 1:14 am

    I am so sorry to hear about Niles! Hopefully the new medication will help him. Good luck on moving into your new home–soon I hope!

    • Erica Bohrer

      April 12, 2015 at 10:16 pm

      Thank you!!!

  3. Mel FromthePond

    April 12, 2015 at 2:58 am

    So happy you got through the week OK – you were in my prayers – you are inspirational to so many people!

    • Erica Bohrer

      April 12, 2015 at 10:16 pm

      Awe, thank you Mel!

  4. Carrie Ogulnick

    April 12, 2015 at 4:57 pm

    Hope Niles continues to get better. When it rains it pours! Here is hoping next week the sun shines and all gets better!

    • Erica Bohrer

      April 12, 2015 at 10:16 pm

      Thanks, Carrie!

  5. Karyn

    April 14, 2015 at 3:13 am

    I'm so glad Niles is doing better and I hope he continues to do even better!

  6. lexmart cross

    April 21, 2015 at 4:51 am

    Thanks For Sharing that..............

  7. cio brokeda

    May 1, 2015 at 4:00 pm

    thanks for sharing..this very nice.c.

  8. Muhammad Taufan

    May 11, 2015 at 6:46 am

    Nice post Thanks For Sharing 🙂

  9. Adeline Niesha

    July 31, 2015 at 9:03 pm

    I was   about to   say   something   on   this   topic.   But   now   i   can   see   that   everything   on   this   topic   is   very   amazing   and   mind   blowing, so   i have nothing to say here. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing. @ FreeSoft

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs