• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Visual Plans for the Week of 9/15 with a Focus on Short a

We are going into our second full week of school.  Here are my plans for this week.  Just click the images to download.

If you are interested in my plan book and classroom news format, I sell them here in this packet:
I am linking up with Deedee’s Peek at My Week:

Picture books utilized this week:

Packets utilized this week from my store:

The art center above is from my The Cat’s Pajamas packet. 

Packets utilized this week from my friends’ stores:

   

Freebies!
 

I hope to be back later this week with my classroom photos.  I never did a classroom reveal blog post!  Happy teaching!

Filed Under: Uncategorized, Visual plans

Previous Post: « Apples!
Next Post: Talk Like a Pirate Day – Celebrating with a Freebie! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Elizabeth Hall

    September 14, 2014 at 5:58 pm

    Looks like a fun week <3 I LOVE Mo Willems…we are going to see the Elephant and Piggy play this winter.

    • Erica Bohrer

      September 14, 2014 at 11:20 pm

      Oh, I am jealous. I love Mo and especially Elephant and Piggie!

  2. Tamara V. Russell

    September 15, 2014 at 1:31 am

    Loving your visual plans this week, Erica! 🙂 I am working on mine now! 😉 That late lunch of yours always kills me! 🙁 Ugh! 🙁 I would need first lunch…and then SECOND lunch! LOL! My kids can't get enough of Mo! 🙂 I'm also going to take a peek at your short vowel stations. We are using Wonders and the progression is SO FAST! 🙁 I need to continue to work on foundations even in spite of the pace…so, those short vowel centers may be just the ticket! 🙂 Thanks for always inspiring! 😉
    I'm off to finish my visual plans! LOL…fingers crossed I'm done by midnight! I'm also working on a new pack! *sigh*
    XOXO,
    Tamara

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs