• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Spring Ideas

It finally is starting to look like SPRING around here.  Can you believe it snowed last Monday?  We have a week of school and then one day, Monday, and then it is Spring Break.  Yay! Our break was cut short two days because of all our snow days.   I am not sure how many students will be in school for that lone Monday, but I plan on focusing on Spring themed projects.   Here are a few of the projects I have done over the years and the links to the TpT products where you can find them.  Just click the photos to hop over to TpT.  As always, feel free to pin!

 Planting
I like to do the groundhog and squirrel craft after reading How Groundhog’s Garden Grew by Lynne Cherry.

The above activity is made from scrapbook paper punches, green scrap paper, and large 11 x 16 construction paper.  I let the students free make the stems and leaves.  Then they create a pattern with the scrapbook paper and put the flowers together.  Finally, they measure their flowers. 
 Jelly Beans

Spring Senses
Ants and Insects

Just for Fun

Here are some of the idioms from a few years back!  So funny.

I hope you have a Happy Spring!!

Filed Under: Spring, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Problem Solved and Visual Plans for the Week of 3/31
Next Post: Tax Break Sale »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Ashley Warren

    April 7, 2014 at 12:51 am

    I'd rather go back on the first Monday of the break. We have to go back on June 30th to make up a day. Yuck…

  2. Jennifer White

    April 7, 2014 at 4:06 pm

    Very cute! Love the flowers, Erica!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

  3. Mrs. Tolbert

    April 7, 2014 at 4:56 pm

    Love your plant observation books!
    Jada

    Daisy Days for Learning

  4. Deb Thomas

    April 7, 2014 at 9:28 pm

    I love all of these great ideas and I especially love doing the scrapbook paper punch for the flowers. I have seen the newspaper pots but I can't remember where I have seen them made. Enjoyed your post!

  5. Ali

    April 9, 2014 at 1:03 am

    "There are none so blind as my uncle's dog." HILARIOUS!!
    "Two's company, three's the number that comes after it." PRECIOUS!!
    That's a really, really cute assignment, Erica. That's one of those things you send in to The Tonight Show or something like that. Very cute….

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

  6. Mrs. Wheeler

    April 9, 2014 at 2:04 am

    Love all the science stuff! I am going to try to incorporate more science into my curriculum next year! You have some fun and great ideas here!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler's First Grade

    Mrs. Wheeler's TPT

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Adorable New Book by the author and illustrators o Adorable New Book by the author and illustrators of The Leaf Thief…The Sun Thief. 

Want the links?  Comment BOOK below. 

#picturebook #daylightsavingstime #fall
Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these b Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these before! 
It makes it so much easier to date primary students work.  I save their banners and make a portfolio, so I like to have the date on the backs of the banners.
Want the link?  Comment LINK below.  It will only send for that word 🙂.

#amazonfind #teacherhack
🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.o 🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.official .  A sweet parent bought this for the class, we use them for our morning greeting toss.

🍂Want the link?  Comment ACORN below!

#amazonfinds #palmpals
🧡🦃 A little fall gratitude + a whole lot of CUTEN 🧡🦃 A little fall  gratitude + a whole lot of CUTENESS! 🐿️🍂

This I Am Grateful Squirrel Craft is such a fun fall/Thanksgiving activity for your classroom! Students can share what they’re grateful for while creating an adorable fall squirrel craft that makes the cutest hallway or bulletin board display. 🍁✨

Perfect for:
🍂 Thanksgiving writing
🐿️ Gratitude activities
🧡 Fall classroom crafts
📚 Bulletin board displays
✏️ An October through November activity

Want to grab it for your classroom? 👇

💬 COMMENT “CRAFT” and I’ll send you the link!

#thanksgivingactivities #thanksgivingcraft #fallcraft #fallclassroom #thanksgivingactivitiesforkids
Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs