• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day in First Grade & a Freebie

This week, I did not post my weekly plans.  We celebrated the 101st Day of School and utilized my Dalmatian themed packet.  Then the rest of this week, we have been focusing on Dr. Seuss themed activities.  Since, Dr. Seuss has really strict copyright laws, I thought it better to not share on my blog plans for the week.  I am skipping ahead to share some St. Patricks’s Day ideas and a freebie.

I have a few St. Patrick’s Day themed packets out.  Here are some photos of the activities from the packets.  Just click on the images to check out the packets.

Above is a fun twist on fact families.  I used silver and gold glitter to create the coins for this math craft.

This week in math we are learning about comparing numbers.  As part of the Common Core, we want the students to look at the tens and ones when comparing the numbers.  My recording sheet has the students record their work and whether they used tens or ones. 

More fact family practice.

Place Value Center

Finding the missing part
Counters are mini-erasers from Party City.
My Taste the Rainbow Candy Sorting, Graphing, and Analyzing Data Center.  Photo credits from the lovely Cheryl Saoud.
The “Be on the Lookout” printable above is also sold separately in this packet:
Handprint Leprechaun Craft
I use the handprint as part of the students’ monthly scrapbooks.  I do not have these available on TpT yet.  I am still tweaking them.  I also take a photo of each student every month.  So for March, I will take a photo of the kids with a St. Patrick’s Day or glasses.

Rainbow Spelling from my Spelling Homework Menu packet.

The Tiny Words Search activity above is free from my last year’s post on St. Patrick’s Day. 

I just create a St. Patrick’s Day packet of just printables.  It is only $2.50!  Great for last minute.

I store all my centers in clear bags and place them in my large plastic monthly tubs. 

St. Patrick’s Day Recommended Read Aloud Books:


Filed Under: Free Downloads, St. Patrick's Day, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Three Million Strong TpT Sale!
Next Post: The Bane of MY Existence, Updates, and a Freebie! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Lesa

    March 6, 2014 at 2:58 am

    Oh my goodness what an adorable idea to use the theme erasers as math counters! How could I have never thought of that before in all my years in first grade? 😉 Thanks for sharing! Cute pics!

  2. Sarah Mackey

    March 6, 2014 at 2:59 am

    We are making the leprechaun fact family activity on Friday!! My kiddos love glitter and will be so excited when I pull it out!! This is a great packet I go back to every year!!
    Mackeys Classroom

  3. Katie Knight

    March 8, 2014 at 7:10 am

    Adorable pictures of your centers in action! Love it.
    Katie

  4. Kirsten

    March 9, 2014 at 3:28 am

    Erica I love this unit! So cute! I went and bought the counters from Party City tonight too 🙂 Where can I get your storage labels?? Random I know haha
    Kirsten
    http://www.teachandinspiretheblog.blogspot.com

    • Erica Bohrer

      March 9, 2014 at 2:32 pm

      They are in this decor packet: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Polka-Dot-Classroom-Labels-and-Signs-149614 and another version in this one: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Ultimate-Bright-Polka-Dot-Primary-Font-Decor-Bundle-835469 Thanks!

  5. Cecilia

    March 15, 2014 at 5:33 am

    Love the wanted posters. We set our traps today and now we wait to see if we have caught a leprechaun in Monday.

  6. Jacqueline Engels

    March 15, 2014 at 11:27 pm

    These are awesome activities for St. Patrick's Day! I love all the math printables you made for teaching place value and part-part-whole. Where do you find all the clipart/borders/and backgrounds for your products? Any great sites you'd recommend? I'm just starting out in the teaching and blog world and could use any suggestions. My blog is http://www.chalkfullofideasinfirst.blogspot.com. Check it out and offer suggestions if you have time! Thanks for being a wonderful inspiration!

  7. Giggles at Greene

    March 21, 2014 at 9:48 pm

    Love everything, the wanted posters are my favorite! Thanks for the inspiration, you were chosen for a Sunshine Award! =)

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs