• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Five for Friday – November 8th

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.

1.  Have you seen this show?  I am loving it.  I love that it is historical fiction and I did a report once on Mary Queen of Scots.  So interesting!   Definitely check it out if you can.  The love story is what will keep you watching.   I don’t want the show to go off the air.  So spread, the word.

2.  I just bought this at Marshall’s!  The teacher in me does not like that it starts with six, but it was too shabby chic to pass up!  It is going to go in my new bedroom.  I am going to make my bedroom a closet and then move my bed to my den room.  I gave my den daybed away to my nephew and now it is just a room with a TV.  I need a bigger closet!  If you know me, you know I have a ton of shoes, clothes, and bags.  I am hoping to not have to do the winter/summer switch anymore.  I am going to get big Ikea wardrobes.   What I will put in this piece…I have no clue!  It was just cool looking. 
3.  I made these phonics themed th centers this week.   The kids loved doing them.   Check them out on TpT.  I am going to try and make more for other phonic elements. 
3.  Blog Hoppin’ is having a cool Thankful themed week starting on Monday.  I hope you hop over and visit us there. 
4.  I love Urban Decay make-up!  They don’t do any animal testing and the eyeliner and eyeshadows are amazing.   My favorites are the Naked palettes.  I have not tried the mascara yet, but I need to make a switch.  My drugstore brand does animal testing 🙁
5.  I wore two different sneakers to the gym…yes, it was one of those weeks.  But I went to the gym!  I have a personal trainer and it forces me to go and stay for an hour.   Otherwise, I probably would have rushed home.
Don’t forget to hop over to Doodle Bugs!

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Visual Plans for the Week of 11/5 – th digraph focus and bats
Next Post: Thanksgiving Freebies »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. First Grade Funtastic

    November 9, 2013 at 3:36 am

    I love your idea of turning your bedroom into a closet! What a great idea. The piece you got from Marshall's is pretty cool…I will admit I was looking for the numbers 1-5 too. Do you think you'd ever repaint it?
    Sara

  2. Jamie knefely

    November 9, 2013 at 3:59 am

    Great find at Marshall's!!!

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

  3. Lesson Plans and Lollipops

    November 9, 2013 at 5:40 am

    I love Reign too! I can't get enough. I hope the show stays on the air. It seems like when I like a show it is short lived.

    Katrina
    Lesson Plans and Lollipops

    • kindergarten at heart

      November 9, 2013 at 4:48 pm

      I too love the show Reign. I cannot wait for Thursday evenings so I can watch it. I have heard that it might be a short lived show. I am so sad. I love the historical fiction aspect of the show and definitely the love story.

  4. Katie Knight

    November 9, 2013 at 7:02 am

    Two diff. shoes!!!!!!!!! You need to keep those shoes on opposite sides of your new larger closet!!! Have a fab weekend.
    Katie

  5. Mary

    November 9, 2013 at 12:14 pm

    I heard a preview for Reign on the radio the other day, and it sounded good. I had forgotten about it, so thanks for the reminder!

  6. Sandy Welch

    November 9, 2013 at 4:08 pm

    I've done the two different shoes thing too! HAHA! My class loved it! 🙂

  7. Nicole from Teaching With Style

    November 9, 2013 at 7:53 pm

    I'll definitely be checking out that show! Funny about your shoes! Could you feel a difference?
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs