• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Happy Five Year TpT Anniversary to Me!

It is hard to believe that I have been a part of the TpT family for five years!   It has been an amazing five years.   I started on TpT after hearing about it from a friend who worked for Scholastic.  I was already teaching courses and sharing files with friends and through the courses.   I started to notice my posters popping up in rooms of teachers I had not even shared with.  That made me think…hmm there might be a demand for my resources.  TpT was the perfect venue.  I had just bought a home by myself and I was house poor and slowly slipping further and further into debt.   It just came all together at the right time.  

At first, I really did not make much money on TpT but I was still thrilled every time I made a sale or someone even viewed my products!   Then after Deanna hit her first milestone, I decided I needed to revamp my product style to include covers, professional graphics, and professional fonts.  The market for TpT started to boom.   I made enough money to get out of debt and fix a hole in my bathroom ceiling that I had been living with for two years.  I finally felt like I could breathe!  I am by no means rich from my TpT earnings, but it is nice to have flex room.  

The most amazing thing about being part of the TpT family is that I have made a group of amazing friends.  We started by emailing about contests and TpT stuff and that led to friendships.  These ladies and I have truly become close friends.  We make each other laugh and we are there for each other through the hard times, too.  My only wish is that we could see each other more!

Thank you for being with me throughout my TpT journey.  Your positive comments, TpT feedback, and “likes” make me feel like a million dollars.   So, thank you, thank you, thank you!  And don’t forget to shop and take advantage of my sale!  It ends on Saturday night.

Filed Under: Teachers Pay Teachers, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Fall Feature over at Blog Hoppin’
Next Post: Pumpkin Plans, Informational Text Features, and More!! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Amanda

    October 25, 2013 at 1:27 am

    Happy Anniversary, friend! Love you?

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm

      Thank you!!!n <3 you too!

  2. Shelley Gray

    October 25, 2013 at 1:31 am

    Congrats on an amazing 5 years, Erica!

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm

      Thank you!

  3. Cheryl E.

    October 25, 2013 at 1:54 am

    Congrats!!!

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm

      Thank you!

  4. Teaching in the Tongass

    October 25, 2013 at 7:02 am

    I just want to quickly say that you are one of my favorite bloggers! I think we have a similar sense of humor, or maybe it's just that you are honest and there aren't a whole lot of other teacher bloggers who are. I appreciate that and I'll bet other readers do as well. You have always been really generous with shout outs, even when I didn't ask, and that has meant a lot to me as a new blogger. It's hard to ask for help when the blog world is so far away and friendships are already established, but I love that you are humble about your status and have never given me the "too cool" act. Happy 5th anniversary, Erica!

    Teaching in the Tongass

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:33 pm

      Awe, you are so sweet to comment. Thank you! I am glad you appreciate my honesty and I am glad I could help you out.

  5. Jodi

    October 25, 2013 at 10:28 am

    Happy TpT Anniversary! 🙂

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:33 pm

      Thank you Jodi!

  6. Cindy Calenti

    October 25, 2013 at 6:54 pm

    Congrats on your amazing milestone!

    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:33 pm

      Thank you!

  7. Rachelle

    October 25, 2013 at 7:20 pm

    AHHH! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm

      Thanks! <3 you too RA – SHELL !

  8. Susan Cahalane

    October 25, 2013 at 8:58 pm

    Happy Anniversary to one of my most favorite bloggers!!

    ✿Sue✿
    ✿Science for Kids Blog✿

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm

      Awe, thank you!

  9. Fluttering Through First Grade

    October 25, 2013 at 9:13 pm

    Happy 5th Erica! Cheers for a fabulous 6th!
    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm

      Thank you Christy & Tammy!!!

  10. Erica

    October 26, 2013 at 12:49 am

    I love reading your blog, because I feel like we're kind of similar! We are both named Erica, of course! 🙂 And, like me, you're also single and a homeowner. It's nice to know that there are other people in the world who are house poor and struggling a bit with that. Thank you for admitting that. 🙂 It made me feel tons better! I'm hoping that my own adventure on TPT will help me have a bit of flex room myself, because I need it! I also like that you've been a foster dog parent too! 🙂 Congratulations on your first 5 years on TPT! I hope the next 5 are just fantastic! 🙂

    Erica
    Blooming In First

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:36 pm

      Awe, Erica I hope it gets better for you, too. Being a single homeowner is so hard, I have had days where I just want to move back in with my parents – even though I am way too old now. My goal is to make enough on TpT to be a larger house so I can foster more animals or even stay home and foster dogs and cats and just work on TpT. That would be my dream!

  11. ThrillsandFrills inFirst

    October 26, 2013 at 2:54 am

    Ah Congrats on five years! I think we have prob. stalked you from year one! We love your blog! We are also from the NY area, NJ actually…. Not many of us in the blogging world, but we love your blog.we just recently started our blog.. we hope you can check it out….

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:38 pm

      Yes, there are not many of us! When I first started blogging, I thought you had to be beautiful and from the south! Thank you for following my blog.

  12. Ann

    October 26, 2013 at 5:51 am

    This is a great post! I really appreciated your honesty! Congratulations on your 5 years!
    Ann
    TheCaffeinatedClassroom.blogspot.com

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:37 pm

      Awe, thanks!

  13. MissDeCarbo

    October 27, 2013 at 3:55 am

    Congratulations Erica! Loved reading about your TpT story. 🙂

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:38 pm

      Thank you!!!

  14. Kelley Dolling

    October 27, 2013 at 4:04 pm

    That's so awesome! Love the story and all of the friends you've made along the way!!! Congrats my dear 🙂

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:37 pm

      Thank you Kelley!!!

  15. Tanya Dwyer

    October 28, 2013 at 12:41 am

    Congrats on your 5 year anniversary! I have to say that your "tell it like it is" honest style of writing is what draws me back to your blog time after time! Following you is fun and inspiring. I hope that fab bunch of friends of yours get you on TX soil one day to have a little fun too! Congrats, again! =)

    Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 3, 2013 at 8:37 pm

      Thank you so much Tanya! I really do want to go to TX we are saving it up for when we can go for more than just a weekend.

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs