• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

The Cat’s Pajamas and Plans for the Week (Plus a Freebie)

 Last week focused on the -at word family and I decided to build a cat themed unit around it.   My students LOVED the picture books I found:  Cat Secrets, Grumpy Cat, Cat the Cat, and Kat Kong.   Here is a peek at my week.  Click to download.  I have included a freebie in the download.

We made a Cat the Cat Art Center

The Cat’s Pajamas Art Center

I am linking up with my friend, Deedee again for Peek at the Week:

Filed Under: Free Downloads, Uncategorized, Visual plans

Previous Post: « Desk Makeover!
Next Post: A Laura Numeroff Themed Week (Visual Plans) »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Kristina

    September 30, 2013 at 1:48 am

    I love that you send your plan to the parents! Is that just something you do or is that required?

  2. Bethany Louise

    September 30, 2013 at 1:51 am

    Your -at activities look so fun! What great ideas! Thanks so much for sharing and thank you for the freebie!

    Bethany Gardner
    Ship Shape First Grade

  3. Mrs. Lindsey

    September 30, 2013 at 11:35 pm

    Cute activities!!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

  4. Jessica

    October 1, 2013 at 2:05 am

    I wish I could press rewind on my year so we could do these short a activities! Keeping this in mind for next year!! Super duper creative!!

  5. Mrs. Wheeler

    October 1, 2013 at 10:30 am

    Fun little activities! Thanks for sharing your visual plans. I always like to see what other people are doing!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

  6. Stefaniebb

    October 1, 2013 at 10:59 pm

    This post has lead me to a question that I have had since last year. Could you share your order of word family study and how you developed it? I struggled last year with the order of mine since my grade level didn't have a consistent way they introduced it. Do you do short vowels first? Or? Thanks for any advise you can give me

  7. Lindsay Oles

    October 2, 2013 at 2:08 am

    Do you teach science and social studies? I really enjoy looking at your plans each week.

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Adorable New Book by the author and illustrators o Adorable New Book by the author and illustrators of The Leaf Thief…The Sun Thief. 

Want the links?  Comment BOOK below. 

#picturebook #daylightsavingstime #fall
Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these b Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these before! 
It makes it so much easier to date primary students work.  I save their banners and make a portfolio, so I like to have the date on the backs of the banners.
Want the link?  Comment LINK below.  It will only send for that word 🙂.

#amazonfind #teacherhack
🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.o 🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.official .  A sweet parent bought this for the class, we use them for our morning greeting toss.

🍂Want the link?  Comment ACORN below!

#amazonfinds #palmpals
🧡🦃 A little fall gratitude + a whole lot of CUTEN 🧡🦃 A little fall  gratitude + a whole lot of CUTENESS! 🐿️🍂

This I Am Grateful Squirrel Craft is such a fun fall/Thanksgiving activity for your classroom! Students can share what they’re grateful for while creating an adorable fall squirrel craft that makes the cutest hallway or bulletin board display. 🍁✨

Perfect for:
🍂 Thanksgiving writing
🐿️ Gratitude activities
🧡 Fall classroom crafts
📚 Bulletin board displays
✏️ An October through November activity

Want to grab it for your classroom? 👇

💬 COMMENT “CRAFT” and I’ll send you the link!

#thanksgivingactivities #thanksgivingcraft #fallcraft #fallclassroom #thanksgivingactivitiesforkids
Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs