• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Vegas! – Pics and More

Vegas was a blast “y’all!”  I met up with some of my close friends in Vegas for the Big I Teach K conference and a Blogger/Teacher Meet Up.   I met so many new friends and fans.  It was just AWESOME.  I am going to do my best with this blog post but I am so jet lagged – so please forgive me for not linking to everyones blogs and let me know if I have typos!   A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to Natalie of What the Teacher Wants for taking most of these photos.  I am linking up with their Vegas post.  If you want to check out more pics go to their fan page by clicking here!
I want to also give a huge thank you to all of the bloggers and teachers who came up to me and told me how much they loved what I do on TpT and on my blog.  I really welled up when they said these sweet things to me.  It is nice to know that doing what I do can make a difference in people’s lives.   I was on cloud nine all evening at the meet-up!   After they said how much they liked my blog, they would then say “you are so TINY,”  “you are so cute,” and “I love your accent!”  I did use my “celebrity” to cut the drinks line.   It might have all gone a bit to my head because later that week at Kim Adsit’s presentation, a woman stopped me and said “I just have to tell you how much I love your ….”  I thought she was going to say blog, but nope she said “bag.”  I was a bit stunned and almost busted out laughing, but then I remembered it was a really fabulous bag and I kept myself composed.   I had a good laugh about it with my blogging friends right after!  
We stayed in the Palazzo and it connected to the Venetian.  It was beautiful and had a high end mall in it – Trouble!
Here is a photo of all of us roomies: Hope, Rachelle, Cheryl, Deanna, me and Natalie.  *We did not all sleep in the same bed 🙂

I was a big winner at the penny slots!  My cheerleader was Natalie.  She got so excited every time I won even if it was just 24 cents!
I just made it into Senior Frogs!  Natalie and me!

We heard Ron Clark speak – AMAZING.  I going to read all of his books.   I loved his “not everyone deserves a cookie philosophy and positive attitude. I am so impressed that Hope’s husband just got hired to teach at the Ron Clark Academy.  

 We had a huge blogger/teacher meet up sponsored by SDE and TPT.  A huge thank you goes out to Rachelle for being the hostess for the evening and making the arrangements.

 This is me with Amy of TpT and a fellow New Yorker!

I know one of the big highlights of the evening was the prizes.  We all networked and emailed to get sponsors.  The result: awesome prizes.  Scroll to the bottom of this post for links.

A special thank you to MPM School Supplies for donating a $100 gift card.  I love to one stop shop their for borders!

Who doesn’t love a TpT gift certificate?

A huge thank you to our sponsors who made our Vegas meet-up possible!
SDE (Staff Development for Educators)
TeachersPayTeachers
Thank you to those who donated some fabulous prizes! 
Check out these links to see some amazing products just for TEACHERS!
SDE (Staff Development for Educators)
TeachersPayTeachers
Erin Condren
MPM School Supplies
Clever School Teacher
CR Toys
Lovey Dovey Creations
Erica Bohrer
The Price of Teaching
DoodleBugs Paper
Valshi Boutique
Kim Sutton
Intelli-Tunes
Heidi Songs
Debbie Clement
Shari Sloane

Thanks for reading this post!  I had a fabulous time and plan on attending again next year.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Day 12: Decor Packs – Last Day of the Sale!
Next Post: Easy and Simple Crafts to Make Your Classroom Pretty and Functional »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Miss Nelson

    July 20, 2013 at 8:18 am

    Very cute pics!

  2. luvzenkms2(Leea)

    July 20, 2013 at 8:29 am

    LOVED meeting you….Glad you had a great time in Vegas ….

  3. Andrea Monroe

    July 20, 2013 at 8:47 am

    Love the pictures! What a great trip, thanks for sharing!
    ~Andi

  4. Susan Cahalane

    July 20, 2013 at 10:14 am

    Hi Erica I love your pics! Looks like you had a great time!

    ✿Sue✿
    ✿Science for Kids Blog✿

  5. Miss 27

    July 20, 2013 at 11:25 am

    The first year I taught I went to the I Teach 1st conference in Orlando. It was no where near as much fun as your Vegas trip looked.

    Glad you had a great time!

  6. Amy J

    July 20, 2013 at 4:53 pm

    So fun!! Thanks for sharing…glad you had an awesome time! So many beautiful, talented ladies in one place. 🙂

    Amy
    What Happens in First Grade

  7. Michelle Thom

    July 20, 2013 at 5:11 pm

    It was so nice meeting you! I love your Vegas recap! The Senor Frogs picture is the best! Good luck with all your adventures and you will do great presenting in December!
    Take care,
    Michelle
    from Well, Michelle?

  8. MDKinderTeach

    July 20, 2013 at 7:46 pm

    Look like you all had a BLAST!! Maybe next year I can attend the conference. 🙂

  9. The Polished Teacher

    July 20, 2013 at 8:37 pm

    Such fun pics! I love the neon photo captions! Thanks for sharing your experience!

    The Polished Teacher

  10. Terri Paulson-Sasaki

    July 21, 2013 at 1:43 am

    OMG, I am so jealous. I wanted to be there so bad, but I was teaching already. Maybe next year. Thanks for sharing.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

  11. Melanie

    July 21, 2013 at 2:26 am

    I will start saving now so I won't miss the fun next year!

  12. luvzenkms2(Leea)

    July 22, 2013 at 2:33 am

    next year we MUST get together and get a picture together! LOL….We talked along with a billion others……SO great "meeting" you in person!

  13. Sally

    July 22, 2013 at 11:39 pm

    You have the best pictures! I really meant to take a lot of pictures, but I think I was distracted by all the really incredible people! I'll be back next year!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🧡🦃 A little fall gratitude + a whole lot of CUTEN 🧡🦃 A little fall  gratitude + a whole lot of CUTENESS! 🐿️🍂

This I Am Grateful Squirrel Craft is such a fun fall/Thanksgiving activity for your classroom! Students can share what they’re grateful for while creating an adorable fall squirrel craft that makes the cutest hallway or bulletin board display. 🍁✨

Perfect for:
🍂 Thanksgiving writing
🐿️ Gratitude activities
🧡 Fall classroom crafts
📚 Bulletin board displays
✏️ An October through November activity

Want to grab it for your classroom? 👇

💬 COMMENT “CRAFT” and I’ll send you the link!

#thanksgivingactivities #thanksgivingcraft #fallcraft #fallclassroom #thanksgivingactivitiesforkids
Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs