• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Sunday Smorgasbord – July 28, 2013

I am linking up with my sweet friend Michelle from Fabulous in First for a Sunday Smorgasbord.
Also, please check out her fundraiser.  I donated, too.
I have been on vacations for two weeks straight and yes it was fabulous but I am happy to be home and back to normal.  I went from Vegas to boating overnight to Fire Island.  Fire Island is this awesome barrier beach off the south shore of Long Island.  There are no cars allowed and you can only get there by ferry.   My mom and I rented a house so that our family could come.  I love it because I was able to bring my dogs.  I missed them after being in Vegas and then away boating!

The house

My nephew had an amazing time and he loved being in charge of Niles. 

My friend brought her dog on Thursday night and Dylan earned $4 for watching all of them while we went out.  My mom helped of course!
There are deer everywhere.  Supposedly they walked across the frozen bay hundreds of years ago and that is how they came to live on Fire Island.  I felt really bad, they all looked pretty shabby.   I might have hand fed one in the front yard.  
This particular deer is named Bambi Deer and has her own FB page!  She likes to frequent the house and go into the garbage.  She left the garbage alone while I was there.  Probably, because I might have given her food. 
Bambi Deer‘s fawn
Another deer with two fawns…so cute!
I love this picture!  Red wagons are the unofficial logo of Fire Island!
My dogs going crazy when the deer was in the front yard!  I wonder what they would have done if I actually let them at her?  Probably backed up and barked. 

I really tried to get some work done while I was there, but it was hard.  I spent two hours one morning just going through emails, fb, instagram, and q&a’s and my brother could not believe how much “work” I do.  Um…I wish people would understand that what I do is not easy money.  I work my butt off and those two hours I just “wasted” did not even get me a new product completed.   I am happy to be back to work actually.  I have all these ideas swimming through my head and I need to make them into products.   I promise y’all I am back now and will finish up the decor packs.   
BTW – I finished these on the plane to and from Vegas:
These are for my good friend, Deedee.  She even gave the word wall headers a shout out on her blog!  Thanks, Deedee!

After my vacation, I had a wedding!  So, I ran into Big Lots to grab a card and came out with these goodies!  I swear, I don’t get any kickbacks from Big Lots – I just love that store.  

That’s it for me.  I have a ton of work to get done.   Please, check out my fb fan page for the latest updates.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Easy and Simple Crafts to Make Your Classroom Pretty and Functional
Next Post: Printing at a Reduced Scale & Printing Multiple Slides Per Page – Plus More Printing Tips »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Jennifer Gibbons

    July 28, 2013 at 2:16 pm

    So glad you are back from a relaxing vacation. Love, love the word wall packs too!

    -Jennifer
    Teaching with Grace

  2. luvzenkms2(Leea)

    July 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm

    I so understand about people not understanding, I use my computer for everything…and people will say are you done "playing" on your computer yet….then I show them what I've done, and they are quiet! Sigh….As for deer, I saw one in daylight the other day, scared the daylights out of me as I was driving, but thought it looked a little rough too….Thanks for doing all the things you do….Keep doing them 🙂

  3. Kirsten

    July 28, 2013 at 2:27 pm

    You've had a busy summer! I LOVE Fire Island! I haven't been there in forever!Looking forward to all your new products coming out 🙂
    Kirsten
    Mrs. Wilson's Class

  4. Michelle

    July 28, 2013 at 2:37 pm

    Thanks so much for linking up and sharing the fundraiser! Looks like you had a blast. Love you girl!

    • Erica Bohrer

      July 28, 2013 at 2:45 pm

      Love you, too! So glad I finally got to link up.

  5. Mrs. Patton

    July 28, 2013 at 3:15 pm

    Looks like you had a wonderful vacation. Love your new items! You've been a busy girl!

    Colleen Patton
    Mrs. Patton’s Patch

  6. Susanna Westby

    July 28, 2013 at 4:08 pm

    What an amazing shot of the deer looking in at the doggies! They're all brave behind the glass, right? Love it.
    🙂
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

  7. Ali

    July 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm

    Those deer!! Precious! That is so cool that they get so close so that you "might" be able to feed them. I "might" feed them too. ; ) What a fantastic vacation. Those dogs are adorable too!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

  8. Roxy

    July 28, 2013 at 5:24 pm

    Sounds like you had an AWESOME two weeks! I know what you mean about being "glad" to be home though! And those deer are precious! I can't believe they are on the beach! Too cool!

    Roxy

    First Grade Fancies

  9. Mrs. Cockrell

    July 28, 2013 at 6:11 pm

    Oh my gosh, I hear ya, and my products aren't nearly as large as most of yours! It is haaaaaard work. Glad you got some fun vacation time!! I did work on my laptop on the plane trips I took, too; too funny. My husband thinks I'm nuts but is glad I'm making a little extra money out of it. 🙂

    -Gayla
    Teach On.

  10. Stephanie

    July 29, 2013 at 12:03 am

    You're Fire Island vacation looks amazing. Now that's my kind of vacation. I'm loving your purple & lime cards. You are so creative. How do you find the time to create so much? I love your stuff.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs