• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Memorial Benefit and BUSY!

Hi everyone!  I just wanted to let you know that I won’t be able to post my visual plans until later in the week.  I had a busy weekend and have not had much time to sit.

I attended a benefit in memory of my friend Artie yesterday.   I was an all day and into night event.  Lots of our friends sent us with money to buy raffle tickets.  I think we might have missed a few prizes, because we could not read the numbers fast enough to check!  It was a fun night and a sad night at the same time.  Oh, those bag pipe players get me every time!  I was bawling!

My chevron shirt from Francesca’s!  It was on sale, too!

My friend Diana on the left, her husband was Artie’s best friend, and my friend F-Bomb, AKA Karen on the right.  

Is anyone else out there working on their “Evidence Binder?”   I really need to get mine done, too!   Of course it does not help that I feel the need to make it look pretty!

Check back later in the week and hopefully I will have my plans up!   Thanks for stopping by.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Teachers Pay Teacher Purchasing Tips
Next Post: Owls, Plants, and Last Week’s Plans »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Tiffany May

    April 14, 2013 at 10:33 pm

    Erica you look simply beautiful! Love the shirt chica!! I know your dear friend is looking down smiling. Hugs to you!!

    Tiffany
    One Fab Teacher

  2. First Grade Buddies

    April 15, 2013 at 12:20 am

    Luckily our "artifacts binder" as part of our observations/evaluations have fallen to the wayside a bit and we didn't have to do anything formal this year. We don't know who thinks we have time to gather and create these collections…can't they just see from our classrooms what we're doing! Good luck with getting yours together!

    🙂 Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

  3. Surfing into First Grade

    April 15, 2013 at 6:41 pm

    What is an evidence binder?? Is this something to do with common core bc we are starting common core next year. I hope I don't have to actually find out lol good luck with yours!!

  4. Miss Williams

    April 16, 2013 at 12:32 am

    I love Francesca's! & that shirt too!

    Jessica
    Fluttering in First

  5. Elizabeth M.

    April 19, 2013 at 2:44 am

    What is an evidence binder? Is it special to your state?

    Liz

  6. Sara

    April 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm

    Yes, I'm working on my evidence binder too! When I moved from Kindergarten, I thought I would get out of the binder (we were going through NAEYC accreditation last year) but now with the new MA standards, I still get to do a binder for evidence in grade 1. Boo!
    Sara
    Primary Buzz

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs