• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Valentine’s Day Updates and a Frebbie, Plus Visual Plans

I survived the blizzard.  It actually was not as bad as it could have been here.  I will be going to school tomorrow.  
Being snowed in gave me some time to update my Valentine’s Day packets.  You can click the pictures below to check out the packets.  If you have already purchased, please re-download for the updates.  

This freebie is included in my digital plans download below and in my updated Valentine’s Day Writing, Math, and More! Packet.  

 Some other awesome Valentine’s Day packets I will be using this week:
  
Visual Plans!
*This plan book format is called “Erica.”  Click here to check it out in Ms. M‘s A Teacher’s Plan Store.
**My visual plans are inspired by DeeDee Wills’ visual plans.

R-Controlled Vowel Packets I will be utilizing this week:

This week, I plan to start lettering writing.  We will see how it goes.  This year, things take much longer to complete and there is always an assembly I forgot about!  This unit is one of my favorites to teach!  I will be updating the packet as I go through it.  I think I will add some more craftivities to it.  I suggest purchasing it now at the lower price and then re-downloaded when I update 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week.

Filed Under: Uncategorized, Valentine's Day, Visual plans

Previous Post: « Five for Friday, February 8th
Next Post: Valentine’s Day Freebies and Photo Updates »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Amy Coates@ SweetExpectations8 or TheClassroomPet.blogspot.com

    February 11, 2013 at 2:52 am

    Erica – I absolutely adore all of your things! I have a quick question – I can never pull of literacy centers in my room – I don't know if I try to plan too much or not enough – I just don't know how to do it! haha – can you explain how you do yours – your rotation or picking and how the children move throughout!? Thanks so much!

    Amy Coates
    amycoates@me.com
    theclassroompet.blogspot.com

  2. manakans

    February 11, 2013 at 3:00 am

    You're visual plans are amazing! I love the "evaluations" section. What a quick and easy way to write how students will be assessed. LOVE! Thanks for sharing!

    Maria
    manakans@hotmail.com

  3. Cecilia

    February 11, 2013 at 3:11 am

    Glad you survived the storm. Your babies looked sad looking out the door at the snow. Thanks again for sharing your plans.

  4. Nicole Heinlein

    February 11, 2013 at 7:18 am

    I love your visual plans! It's really helpful to see how you lay-out your week!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

  5. Ashley Benoit

    February 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm

    I am glad you survived another storm! Hopefully, you will be storm free for a while!!!

    Ashley
    The Teacher's Treasure Chest

  6. Miss Cosby

    February 11, 2013 at 10:55 pm

    I love all the visual plans! I am also loving that part-part–whole Valentine's activity!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader…

  7. Terri Paulson-Sasaki

    February 12, 2013 at 2:35 am

    I love the owl centers, they look so cute.

    Terri
    The First Grade Princess

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs