• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

St. Patricks Day Common Core Activities and a Freebie

Are you impressed?  I am not waiting until the last minute to post about a holiday unit.  To be perfectly honest, the packet is from last year and I just updated it a bit.  It has just been one of those years where I cannot get ahead on anything!  I know a lot of you are in the same boat.  My “To Do List” never seems to end.  I would love to be bored!  So even if it was just a few updates, I am feeling pretty proud of myself.  
I went and added essential questions to my St. Patrick’s Day LepreCommon Core Packet.  Please, re-download if you have already purchased.   *The freebie is towards the end of the post. 
Here is some info on the packet if you want to check it out.  Just click on any of the images below.   My students loved the activities in it last year.   They especially went crazy for the glitter coins in the leprechaun math craftivity. 

This 103 page download contains math and literacy activities aligned to the Common Core. 
Teacher and student directions are included, as well as, math center rotation cards and essential questions for the math centers.  Most of the literacy activities are extensions based on read alouds.  Many of the activities can be made into class-made books and are accompanied by class-made book covers.

Math Centers:
Shamrocks and Rainbows Sums of Ten, Leprechaun Domino Fact Families, Shamrock Find the Missing Part, St. Patrick’s Day Place Value, Pots O’Gold Comparing Numbers, and Leprechaun Art and Math Center.

Literacy Activities:
Dear Leprechaun, If I Caught a Leprechaun Writing Prompt, If I Had a Pot of Gold Writing Prompt and Craft, Something More Precious to Me than Gold Writing Prompt, If I Were a Leprechaun Writing Prompt, Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day Homework Assignment, and Leprechaun Wanted Poster

2 Literacy Centers:
Search/Read/Write the Room for Long A words (a_e and ai)
Magnify St. Patrick’s Day Word Search and Writing


I have also included a parent letter and a handprint craft in the packet.  I hope this packets helps you and your students celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!

Leprechaun Art and Math – Two levels of difficulty are included in this packet.
Shamrock Find the Missing Part
Pots O’Gold Comparing Numbers
Manipulatives and buckets I used for the math centers.  
  
Letters to Leprechauns
The students love making this poster!  
If you would like to snag my freebie version of the poster, click the image below.  Please note, it has slightly different graphics than the one included in the packet. 

St. Patrick’s Day Recommended Read Aloud Books:


I hope you are all treading water better than I am!  Enjoy the rest of the week. 

P.S.- I think my observation went well today.  Thanks for all the well wishes!  You are all so sweet. 

P.P.S. – 7th person to comment gets the packet for free!    A winner was picked, continue to follow my blog for more quick little contests :). 

Filed Under: Free Downloads, St. Patrick's Day, Teachers Pay Teachers, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « 0-120 Charts and Activities
Next Post: Long E Freebie and Visual Plans for the Week »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Rachel Lamb

    February 21, 2013 at 1:48 am

    haha! Love that clever title!
    For weight can I put MYOB!!
    Rachel

  2. Tamara Russell

    February 21, 2013 at 1:57 am

    These look super sweet, Erica! 😉 Thanks for sharing your ideas with all of us! 🙂 It's always fun to see what you and your kiddos have been up to! 🙂

    Tamara

  3. Palmetto Teacher

    February 21, 2013 at 1:57 am

    Well, I hate I'm not #7, but I love it!!! So cute (as always!) 🙂

  4. Tawna

    February 21, 2013 at 1:58 am

    This looks amazing! My students would love it!

  5. sunnymum

    February 21, 2013 at 1:58 am

    The Mug Shot is very funny! I know my kids would love this!

  6. Marino's classroom

    February 21, 2013 at 1:58 am

    93 pages! That would be awesome!

  7. Miss T

    February 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

    Commenting so someone wins 🙂 Cute stuff, I love the Wanted Poster!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    • Erica Bohrer

      February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

      Miss T, you win! Please, send me your email.

    • Georgia Grown Kinders

      February 21, 2013 at 2:03 am

      Graciousness pays off when you least expect it Miss T. Im so happy to see that you were Erica's winner!

  8. Alex Thomas

    February 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

    Would love to have it

  9. Marino's classroom

    February 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

    Can I be six and seven!

  10. loularkin

    February 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

    I love your work!
    Jennifer
    loularkin@comcast.net

  11. Kim

    February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

    Cute!

    kkish1110@gmail.com

  12. Cecilia

    February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

    Wonderful as always! Glad your observation went well.

  13. Nicole Russell

    February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

    wOULD HAVE LOVED THIS!!

  14. FirstGrade Circus

    February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

    Great kit!!!

  15. Erica

    February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

    So cute! butler . erica @ gmail . com

  16. Brittany Weidlich

    February 21, 2013 at 2:00 am

    I looked and you had 3 comments and refreshed the page and now I'm your tenth 🙁 WOW! but it looks great!

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy & More

    • Cherie

      February 21, 2013 at 2:02 am

      That's what happened to me, too. :/

  17. Cherie

    February 21, 2013 at 2:01 am

    Gah! I was so close! I still want it… i will have to go put it in my wish pile 🙂

  18. Andrea

    February 21, 2013 at 2:01 am

    Always love your stuff:)
    Raya1212@hotmail.com

  19. Andrea

    February 21, 2013 at 2:02 am

    Always love your stuff:)
    Raya1212@hotmail.com

  20. tigermom

    February 21, 2013 at 2:07 am

    I would love to win this awesome unit!

  21. 1stgradefireworks

    February 21, 2013 at 2:25 am

    ME? ME? PLEASE!!!??? wendy
    1stgradefireworks@gmail.com

  22. corris

    February 21, 2013 at 2:30 am

    I'm a huge fan of all of your things!
    kaysercandace@yahoo.com

  23. Lori

    February 21, 2013 at 3:27 am

    This looks A.m.A.z.I.n.G! I am soooo going to add it to my TPT cart!!! 🙂

  24. Faith Wheeler

    February 21, 2013 at 3:57 am

    Okay, I am loving the stuff you found at Party City. I looked on their website earlier today, but didn't see the erasers. I also love your Wanted poster and how you listed all the books 🙂 I will definitely be directing people to your blog when I do my St. Patrick's Day blog post 🙂 So many great ideas!

  25. Erica Bohrer

    February 21, 2013 at 1:55 pm

    I got those items last year. I will do some checking and see where you can find similiar ones. Thanks so much!

  26. Jenn Bates

    February 21, 2013 at 6:40 pm

    Glad your observation went well! I am finding myself treading water as well!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

  27. Cindy Calenti

    February 21, 2013 at 7:51 pm

    The "Wanted" poster is great! Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy
    Granny Goes to School

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs