• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Fitness Resolution

Do you remember my post about this?  *Click on the picture to read that post.

Yeah…well I fell off the exercise wagon this summer.  I hurt my ankle and I could not take my beloved Pump and Jump classes.  My ankle still hurts and I went to an orthopedist and he x-rayed it, said it was fine, and gave me pain pills.  It is very frustrating and I hate taking pain meds. So what started as taking it easy for my ankle, slipped further into gym slacking when everything happened in October.  I was going to try getting back into it this week and my grandmother past away.  Yes, these are all legitimate excuses but I was forgetting how good exercise made me feel and how it helped with stress.  I think I am afraid all my gym friends will judge me and I am embarrassed of  how I look now (which really is just flabby and a few pounds heavier).

So, I am going to take my own advice and stick to it.  Maybe I will try to run a marathon or enter a fitness contest.  I am so flattered that my blog follower/friend, Ashley of The Teacher’s Treasure Chest, read my post last year and embaracked on her own fitness journey!    Way to go Ashley!  I am proud of you.

For some fitness ideas and tough love quotes, check out my Fitness Pinterest page.

source Health-Bent
To link up, enter an awesome contest, and read about other fitness goals, hop over to the ever fabulous DeeDee!  I am so proud of her and her fitness goal.  I know you can do it DeeDee!  Love Ya!

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « New Year’s Resolution: Downtime
Next Post: New Year’s Day Sale! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Jenna

    January 1, 2013 at 12:15 am

    I am small and short like you and I am also trying to get back in the fitness grove!

    Come visit me!
    Jenna
    Just Diving In

  2. Kristen

    January 1, 2013 at 12:23 am

    Oh Erica, I know no one would judge you, you look fantastic and are an incredible person and teacher! I hope you have a very happy New Year full of everything you wish for.

    • Erica Bohrer

      January 1, 2013 at 12:34 am

      Awe, thanks Kristen! You too.

  3. Amanda

    January 1, 2013 at 12:53 am

    You are tiny and cute… and I want to put you in my pocket! 🙂 Hugs!

    • Erica Bohrer

      January 1, 2013 at 1:59 am

      Haha are you stealing Cara's lines! <3 you!

  4. Heather's Heart

    January 1, 2013 at 1:56 am

    You have inspired me Erica! I know a few pounds on a short person can make you go from a size 0 to a size 2 waaaayyyyy too easily. I weigh less than 100 lbs but want to work on my tummy area. You are amazing in every way!

    Praying 2013 will be full of blessings. I know the end of 2012 was hard for you.

    Hugs sweet lady! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    • Erica Bohrer

      January 1, 2013 at 1:59 am

      Awe, thanks Heather! Hugs to you too.

  5. Ashley Benoit

    January 1, 2013 at 1:28 pm

    I know you will get back into the swing of things quickly!! You rock!

    Ashley
    The Teacher's Treasure Chest

  6. Jennifer

    January 3, 2013 at 7:45 pm

    Such a fitness inspiration. I visited your pinterest board and I repinned some of the things. very motivational. Thanks for sharing!

    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners

  7. Dru

    January 4, 2013 at 1:32 am

    Dear Erica.
    Last year I taught First Grade and bought many of your items on TPT. I love your work. I won the raffle on Mrs. Albanese's blog and I wanted to thank you for your Winter Unit. I appreciate all that you do to make my teaching job so much easier. I am teaching Kindergarten this year and have many smart little cuties that can use the harder ideas. Thanks again!
    Sincerely,
    Dru Moore

  8. Kelly

    January 11, 2013 at 5:25 am

    I can sooo relate to this post…I was training for a marathon last June and fell (at school!!) and dislocated my knee. I am still not back in the swing of things with exercising. It is so hard once the routine is broken!

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these b Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these before! 
It makes it so much easier to date primary students work.  I save their banners and make a portfolio, so I like to have the date on the backs of the banners.
Want the link?  Comment LINK below.  It will only send for that word 🙂.

#amazonfind #teacherhack
🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.o 🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.official .  A sweet parent bought this for the class, we use them for our morning greeting toss.

🍂Want the link?  Comment ACORN below!

#amazonfinds #palmpals
🧡🦃 A little fall gratitude + a whole lot of CUTEN 🧡🦃 A little fall  gratitude + a whole lot of CUTENESS! 🐿️🍂

This I Am Grateful Squirrel Craft is such a fun fall/Thanksgiving activity for your classroom! Students can share what they’re grateful for while creating an adorable fall squirrel craft that makes the cutest hallway or bulletin board display. 🍁✨

Perfect for:
🍂 Thanksgiving writing
🐿️ Gratitude activities
🧡 Fall classroom crafts
📚 Bulletin board displays
✏️ An October through November activity

Want to grab it for your classroom? 👇

💬 COMMENT “CRAFT” and I’ll send you the link!

#thanksgivingactivities #thanksgivingcraft #fallcraft #fallclassroom #thanksgivingactivitiesforkids
Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs