• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Updates, Thanksgiving FREEBIES, and Thanksgiving Served Up Common Core Style

First, I need to thank all of you for the outpouring of love and support you have shown me and my community.  I have had a terrible few weeks, between my friend, a police officer, being killed in the line of duty, Hurricane Sandy, a former student passing away suddenly from cancer, and the aftermath of Sandy.  I am trying to stay strong and these events have really given me some perspective on life.  Life is short and I want to make the most of it and DO the most good I can.  I want to be the type of person who when I pass on, people say kind words about me, the way they were said about my friend, Artie and about my former student.  My former student was only in third grade and she was the sweetest little girl and so helpful.  My heart hurts that the world has lost two kind individuals.   In order to do what I can to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy, I have started a fundraiser for victims in my town, of Lindenhurst. Long Island, NY.  You can click here to read the post.

I wanted to say thank you to all of my loyal followers with two freebies.   Just click the pictures to download them from TpT.  I appreciate all of your feedback and pins!  Comments (nice ones – not those spam or mean ones) on my blog posts really make my day.

First up is my Your Teacher is Thankful for You! packet.  It comes with two versions of the teacher certificates and one student writing certificate.

The cute turkey on the cover is from MelonHeadz!  I love her graphics.
  

  

Next up is my Thanksgiving File Folder Word Wall with Pictures.  This item was made mostly with graphics from my sweet friend, Ashley Hughes.  I don’t think she ever sleeps!  She is amazing and you must follow her blog, The School Supply Addict.  Plus, she has two little rescued dogs and lives in Switzerland – pretty cool in my book!
These file folder word walls are great for writing centers.  I print the pages, trim, and then glue to a file folder.  I laminate for longevity.   I usually make two folders and then have the students share them at centers. 

I also have a 129 page Thanksgiving Packet in my TpT store, which you can purchase for
$9.  The math activities in this packet are aligned to the Common Core.  Below are some pictures of some of the activities included in the packet.   Click the images below to go to my TpT store to check out the packet.

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Filed Under: Free Downloads, Thanksgiving, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Hurricane Unit Fundraiser
Next Post: Essential Questions »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. stephn

    November 9, 2012 at 2:31 am

    Thank you so much for the freebies! So sorry to hear about the losses in your life. I live in a South Jersey beach town and have a new understanding of thankful! Thoughts and Prayers

    • kk

      November 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

      Family First believes public finances should be diverted from expensive (high tax) government bureaucracies to families and Family First also believes property rights, free markets and voluntary arrangements provide the best opportunity for Australia and Australians to prosper, so keep in touch with http://www.vic-familyfirst.org.au/

  2. Pattie

    November 9, 2012 at 3:19 am

    Erica,
    Thank you for the freebies. Your blog was one of the very first ones I got hooked on. I have been teaching for a long time and blogging has made me excited about teaching again because of the fresh ideas. My team is fairly young, so they laugh at me because my "old" stuff is new to them and they don't understand my excitement. Anyway, I'm thankful to you for helping me stay young at heart and a better teacher.
    Pattie

  3. Dawn

    November 9, 2012 at 3:37 am

    Wow! You've been through a lot! Prayers for you and your friend and former student's families!

  4. Ashley Hughes

    November 9, 2012 at 4:05 pm

    So many great Thanksgiving ideas in one spot! Love them. You're too sweet for giving me a shout out. 🙂

  5. Lisa Mattes

    November 10, 2012 at 5:08 pm

    Oh, Erica, I'm so sorry for all that you are all going through. AND, you're still putting together amazing freebies. You are one special lady. Thank you for everything.
    Growing Firsties is having a Pete the Cat Giveaway that also donates to Hurricane Sandy Relief!

  6. Colleen

    November 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm

    Thanks for the great freebies! I can't wait to fill out the certificates for my firsties.
    Hope things are getting better where you are. We are all sending good thoughts your way!!
    Colleen 🙂
    Fun and Fearless in First

  7. Anonymous

    November 13, 2012 at 2:39 am

    Hi Erica. I'm sorry for all that is happening in your area. I'm a first grade teacher in westchester and I was wondering if there are Any children who are in need of toys that were lost in the hurricane. My girls scout troop would like to donate gently used toys to them. I was wondering if you can contact me at bafonso@tufsd.org or benitadsaa@aol.com for more info. I look fowArd to your message. Thank you
    Benita

  8. Lori Woodman

    November 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm

    Hang in there! So many prayers in reno are said for you and all the other Sandy survivors! Love your stuff and you are already making a huge impact and legacy for so many people!! Lori @ http://www.teachertakeaways.blogspot.com

  9. Tanya

    November 14, 2012 at 10:48 pm

    Erica,
    Prayers for you. I lost a student this past summer and it was heartbreaking. My only advice: Be happy for the positive influence you had on her life, and be grateful that she graced your life as well.
    Tanya
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

  10. Teacher and Life Long Learner

    November 15, 2012 at 2:45 am

    WOW Erica! Despite your curbs right now, you continue to walk a straight line of giving and kindness! Stop by anytime! SMILES

  11. Julie Marciniak

    November 15, 2012 at 6:58 am

    Hi Erica!
    This post is stocked full of amazing ideas! Thank you so much for sharing your activities with us! I am LOVING the Thankful cards to the kids. I have mentioned it on a new post so stop by and take a peek!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

  12. Tamera

    November 15, 2012 at 9:40 pm

    I'm having a giveaway!
    Stop by soon to enter!
    🙂
    Tamera
    My Heart Belongs in First

    http://www.myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/2012/11/polka-dot-birdie-giveaway.html

  13. lisa ann

    January 14, 2013 at 8:30 pm

    when Family First see cronyism, wastefulness, backstabbing, price gouging by government agencies (water prices, power prices, land prices) and politicians spending millions of dollars on themselves while hospitals are being closed and pensioners can’t afford to heat or cool their homes, Family First know there is a lack of values and a failure of leadership.

  14. Nikki Benz

    March 28, 2013 at 2:42 pm

    family first should be at the centre of our Australian way of life, not government bureaucracies. With the rising cost of living putting more and more pressure on families they need more income to function properly and make ends meet.

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs