• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Prepping for Hurricane Sandy!

 That’s me in front of my tiny house and my brother’s monster truck!  He took me out to get some supplies before the storm hits.

I bought these Hunter rain boots last year during the Bloomingdale’s Friends and Family and I really have used them a lot!  

The flooding by the water in Lindenhurst, Long Island, NY!

 No school for us and the city is shut down!

Stay safe everyone on the East Coast!  Fingers crossed that I keep power and no trees fall on my house again.

Filed Under: Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Chicago: My Kind of Town
Next Post: Hurricane Sandy »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Lita Lita

    October 29, 2012 at 8:51 pm

    That looks really scary. I can't imagine NYC closed… Stay safe!

  2. Mrs Cupcake

    October 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm

    NJ is closed, too! I need a pair of those rain boots 😉
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm

      We are closed until Wednesday! You do need them. I was on the fence about spending that much money on rain boots, but I do wear them a lot. I bought the liners so I could wear them in the snow, too.

  3. t. ulch

    October 29, 2012 at 8:57 pm

    Stay safe everyone! The midwest is having beautiful weather! Our day will come!

  4. Aimee V.

    October 29, 2012 at 9:07 pm

    I LOVE my Hunter wellies and any excuse to wear them! However, being from Indiana I generally don't have to worry about breaking them out for a hurricane!! Stay safe!!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 4, 2012 at 8:56 pm

      I love wearing them with the liners when it snows! Thanks

  5. Rhonda

    October 29, 2012 at 9:17 pm

    We are hearing about the hurricane here in Australia. My prayers are with you. Keep safe.
    Rhonda
    Classroom Fun

  6. FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer)

    October 29, 2012 at 9:21 pm

    Hope all is well!!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

  7. Kristen

    October 29, 2012 at 9:28 pm

    I was happy to see you post Erica!! Stay safe! I love those boots 🙂

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 4, 2012 at 8:57 pm

      Thanks Kristen! Hope you were ok, too.

  8. Brianna Price

    October 29, 2012 at 9:30 pm

    Stay safe and dry!

  9. Mrs. McHaffie

    October 29, 2012 at 10:30 pm

    Being from the south, I love the "Monster Truck!"
    Keeping you and the rest of the NE in my thoughts.
    Stay safe!

    Kelly
    Beg, Borrow, Steal

  10. Oceans of First Grade Fun

    October 29, 2012 at 10:47 pm

    Be safe and my prayers are with you.
    Yolanda
    Oceans of First Grade Fun

  11. April Kreitzer Wolfe

    October 29, 2012 at 10:49 pm

    Stay safe!!!

    April
    Wolfelicious

  12. Angie

    October 29, 2012 at 11:02 pm

    LOVE the boots!!!! Things are getting REALLY windy here in PA now! Scary that it's not even the worst yet! The eye is expected to come over where I live! Stay safe friend!!! 🙂

    Angie
    Rulin' The Roost

  13. cindi

    October 29, 2012 at 11:11 pm

    I love the boots too! We are getting some heavy winds and a tree blew down two houses down. But because Sandy decided to go west around the mid atlantic states, Maine is just getting the outer edges. The blowing wind is pretty loud, and it's only like 50 miles an hour,..so I cannot imagine those of you with 75-100. ANd thank the Lord, I have power still, though many in our city and surrounding suburbs don't. Take care.
    Cindi
    diaryofagratefulteacher.blogspot.com

    visit and leave a comment Huh? I am new at this blogging thing.

  14. Ms. Feuerstack

    October 29, 2012 at 11:42 pm

    Good Luck, the wind is blowing hard near me too, last I heard 58 miles per hour. I had no school today and I am off tomorrow.

  15. S. Simpson

    October 30, 2012 at 12:01 am

    Stay safe…prayers being sent out from down here in FL.

    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

  16. Sara Soucy

    October 30, 2012 at 12:38 am

    Stay safe!

    Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

  17. Jeannine

    October 30, 2012 at 12:47 am

    Stay safe Erica and everyone in Sandy's path! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm in Michigan and my house is getting pounded with wind. I can barely concentrate as I write this…

    Love your blog and all of your terrific teaching ideas!

    Jeannine
    Creative Lesson Cafe

  18. Laurie

    October 30, 2012 at 1:01 am

    Expecting rain and wind tonight here in good ol' Maine!! I'm sure we won't get a hurricane day tomorrow though. Stay safe.

    Laurie
    http://www.firstgradelyonsden.blogspot.com

  19. Lynn

    October 30, 2012 at 1:09 am

    Stay safe! We'll be thinking of you!

  20. TeacherTiff

    October 30, 2012 at 1:31 am

    Keeping you in my thoughts!

  21. Elizabeth

    October 30, 2012 at 1:48 am

    Stay safe! Love your house!

  22. Anonymous

    October 30, 2012 at 1:58 am

    Keep safe. I am thinking of all of you out there on the east coast.
    Megan
    mhorman@north-cedar.k12.ia.us

  23. Rikki

    October 30, 2012 at 2:36 am

    Your boots are DARLING!!! I hope you are safe and that Hurricane Sandy blows over quickly!! Thinking of you and all the east coast!
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

  24. Miss Nelson

    October 30, 2012 at 4:04 am

    Thinking of you. Stay safe. Your house is precious along with your boots.

  25. Chrissy

    October 30, 2012 at 4:28 am

    Hope you're safe, Erica! And all your furry friends too. Look forward to hearing from you after the storm. I hope your house comes through alright too. It sure is cute!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

  26. Jodi

    October 30, 2012 at 10:47 am

    I've been thinking about you Erica and hoping all is well!!! My brother-in-law flew in from New Jersey for a weekend trip and can't get back home. Their flights have been cancelled until at least Wednesday.
    Stay safe!!

    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

  27. Mrs. Scoma

    October 30, 2012 at 12:33 pm

    Thinking of you as I watch the news this morning talking about how hard Long Island was hit! I look forward to an update from you today to know you're doing well!! 🙂

  28. Melissa

    October 30, 2012 at 12:49 pm

    Hope you were safe last night! VA ended up not getting too much, although we have snow on one side of us and had the hurricane on the other last night. That's VA for ya!

    Melissa
    http://dontlettheteacher.blogspot.com/

  29. Stephanie Livers

    October 30, 2012 at 8:45 pm

    You were one of the first people I thought about when I saw all of the reports about Sandy! Keep safe and dry!

  30. vicky1970

    October 31, 2012 at 1:16 am

    Hi Erika
    Be safe, that storm looks so crazy!
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

  31. Miss Nguyen's Kindergartners

    October 31, 2012 at 3:52 am

    What's the style name of those rain boots? I love them!

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 4, 2012 at 8:55 pm

      Hunter and they are gray. Bloomingdale's has them.

  32. joannesblog

    November 1, 2012 at 1:59 am

    Hope you are safe and your home is in one piece.

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these b Drop an emoji if you have ever used one of these before! 
It makes it so much easier to date primary students work.  I save their banners and make a portfolio, so I like to have the date on the backs of the banners.
Want the link?  Comment LINK below.  It will only send for that word 🙂.

#amazonfind #teacherhack
🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.o 🍁Check out my new fall themed cutie by @palmpals.official .  A sweet parent bought this for the class, we use them for our morning greeting toss.

🍂Want the link?  Comment ACORN below!

#amazonfinds #palmpals
🧡🦃 A little fall gratitude + a whole lot of CUTEN 🧡🦃 A little fall  gratitude + a whole lot of CUTENESS! 🐿️🍂

This I Am Grateful Squirrel Craft is such a fun fall/Thanksgiving activity for your classroom! Students can share what they’re grateful for while creating an adorable fall squirrel craft that makes the cutest hallway or bulletin board display. 🍁✨

Perfect for:
🍂 Thanksgiving writing
🐿️ Gratitude activities
🧡 Fall classroom crafts
📚 Bulletin board displays
✏️ An October through November activity

Want to grab it for your classroom? 👇

💬 COMMENT “CRAFT” and I’ll send you the link!

#thanksgivingactivities #thanksgivingcraft #fallcraft #fallclassroom #thanksgivingactivitiesforkids
Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs