• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Teacher Week: Where I Teach Wednesday

I am so stressed out because my classroom is not set up yet!  I am having those nightmares that it does not get done before school starts.  I just have been so busy and it was so hard to leave the puppies that I am fostering alone.  Anyway, I am going in today!  I don’t start until September 4th and kids don’t come until the 5th, so I still have time – I just hate cramming it in.  I also moved classrooms this year, to one without a bathroom.  I have more space to work with – Yeah!  No bathroom – Boo!
Here are the photos of my last year’s classroom.   Click the picture below to go to Shutterfly to look.
Don’t bother getting those cubes…they looked nice for like 3 months!

I did buy new bins and I am still working on printing and laminating new labels.  I plan on donating the old ones to the first teacher at my school that grabs them 🙂  
Follow my blog for more updates.   I promise to get my butt in gear and set up this classroom.  I do have a question out there for my matchy-matchy friends: Where do I get a black or bright colored pocket chart?  Primary colors do not match my classroom! 
To link up with Blog Hoppin’ for Where I Teach Wednesday, click below:

Filed Under: Classroom Decor, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Teacher Week – Technology Tip Tuesday
Next Post: Teacher Week – Therapeutic Thursday »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. sspeller

    August 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

    If someone has the answer to the brightly colored or black pocket chart question, will you please post the answer? I would love to know also… thanks!

    • Erica Bohrer

      August 22, 2012 at 12:25 pm

      Of course I will! I wrote to Really Good Stuff asking if they would make one, but I have not heard back. I am getting their neon book baggies for my kiddos!

  2. Snowyd922

    August 22, 2012 at 12:37 pm

    I did buy a few small pocket charts in purple at Targets dollar spot… Would a bigger one in a different color though!

  3. Amy J

    August 22, 2012 at 12:41 pm

    Would yellow work for you? I think Carson Dellosa used to make a yellow one that you can get on different sites if you google "yellow pocket chart."

    http://www.teachchildren.com/cd5650.html

    I would LOVE a black or bright one if you happen to find one or hear back from Really Good Stuff, but I found yellow to be the best option out of what I could find (as opposed to red or dark blue) for my room!! Your room will come together quickly. 🙂 Bless your heart for taking care of those sweet pups!

    Amy
    http://whathappensinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

  4. Kelley Dolling

    August 22, 2012 at 12:56 pm

    Erica . . . you are brilliant! I never even thought to wrap up my book bins over the summer. I drape my computers in oodles of plastic . . . why not some other things too??!! Making a mental note right now – it's gonna save me come August next year! Loved seeing your room today. THANKS 🙂

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

  5. Ashley

    August 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

    I have the same issue with pocket charts Erica. I searched high and low. I found ONE… yes ONE black one, but it was in CHINA. Go figure! I didn't want to pay $2 for the pocket chart and $47 for shipping so I bought a few purple ones from the Target dollar spot since it was as close as I was going to get to my color scheme and then covered all of the edges with black and white damask duct tape. It looks fantastic and when the pocket chart is being used you don't even see the purple.

  6. Becky

    August 22, 2012 at 2:36 pm

    You can get black and other colors here:
    http://www.mardel.com/search/default.aspx?keywords=filetastic

    Becky
    Lesson plans & Lattes

  7. Sasha Marie

    August 22, 2012 at 7:25 pm

    I've been having nightmares about not getting my classroom setup in time too! Eek! 🙂

    – Sasha
    The Autism Helper

  8. Diane

    August 22, 2012 at 8:30 pm

    We use Number Corner for our calendar math. The pocket chart that comes with it is black. I don't know if you can buy the pocket chart by itself. It is a calendar pocket chart, though. It's available through the Math Learning Center in Oregon. I have bought some colored ones at Lakeshore. They have red, green, and yellow. I wish there would be bright colors like you mentioned. I'm using your bright polka dots. I love the Word Wall words and labeled my DRA book bins with your large A – Z labels.

    I, also, love how you put plastic over your book bins. I'm going to do that next year. I really didn't cover mine this year because of the time it would cover using butcher paper.

    Diane
    The Teacher's Jungle

  9. mbcialini

    August 23, 2012 at 3:50 am

    Whew…I was panicing as we were flying back from Disney today thinking…I need to get my room ready. I know I will be having nightmares too. I can't wait to see your room unfold.

    Marybeth
    Cialini Chat

  10. Classically Fabulous

    August 24, 2012 at 2:14 am

    Love your Target storage bins!

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
I laugh when I think of some of the things I say a I laugh when I think of some of the things I say and how it would sound to non-educator. 
What is something you have taught or have to say that is definitely not part of the curriculum?

#teacherhumor #teachertruth
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs