• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

20 Super Spelling Centers by ME!

My second book is now out!   Click the picture above to order your copy from Amazon.com.  It is also in the May Scholastic SeeSaw Catalog.  If you get yourself a copy, be sure to check out the dedication page.  I dedicated the book to all of my fellow teachers and bloggers.  Your support is what motivates me to work harder and keep on creating!  
This book contains 20 different spelling centers.  Many of them were centers I created and had used in my classroom for years.  A few of them were created through back and forth email brainstorming between me and my editor.   All of the centers are a fun way to get your students to practice their spelling words.  The Chicks and Eggs Center is a favorite of my students!  
This book was actually started before I started blogging and the last edits were finished in October.  Writing a book is a long process of back and forth with editors and the graphic artists.  For more information becoming a published author, click {here}.
Click the picture below to check out my first book.

Filed Under: My Scholastic Books, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « St. Patrick’s Day LepreCommon Core Math and Literacy Activities
Next Post: Leprechauns! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Rose

    March 9, 2012 at 1:35 am

    Hi Erica! I have been eyeing this book on your blog and am so excited that it comes out in April! I will definitely be ordering it!

  2. Ms. Patterson

    March 9, 2012 at 1:41 am

    Congrats on the release of your new book!
    You are amazing and talented

    Shuna P
    Pocket Full of Kinders

  3. FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer)

    March 9, 2012 at 1:42 am

    WOWZA! That is awesome! Congrats!
    Jennifer

    First Grade Blue SKies

  4. Miss Marcy

    March 9, 2012 at 1:42 am

    Congratulations Erica! I will absolutely be ordering this book. I love your blog and all of your great ideas. You are a very talented teacher. Thank You!

    Marcy
    My First Grade Backpack

  5. Courtney Bartlett

    March 9, 2012 at 1:44 am

    Congratulations Erica! It looks amazing!

    Swimming into Second

  6. A Teacher's Treasure

    March 9, 2012 at 1:47 am

    Thats amazing Erika!!! Congrats!!! Looks fantastic!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen from…
    A Teacher's Treasure
    Teaching Treasures Shop

  7. Kinderpond

    March 9, 2012 at 1:49 am

    AWESOME!!!!

    Jennifer

  8. Sarah Mackey

    March 9, 2012 at 1:50 am

    Sarah
    Mackey'sClassroom

    You continue to be an inspiration to me. Will be looking for this book in my book orders! Great Job!!

  9. Vickie

    March 9, 2012 at 1:52 am

    Wow! Way to go!!
    Vickie
    Mrs. Plant's Press

  10. Brenda

    March 9, 2012 at 1:59 am

    Congratulations on the new book! Excited to order it!!
    Brenda @
    Primary Inspired

  11. Mel D

    March 9, 2012 at 2:02 am

    Congrats girl! I will definitely be ordering this book! I would love to do something like this!
    Mel D
    Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations

  12. ~Kristen White

    March 9, 2012 at 2:11 am

    That is awesome! Congratulations! I can't wait to get a copy.

    Glitter and Glue

  13. Sara S.

    March 9, 2012 at 2:16 am

    Wow – that's awesome! Congrats Erica!

    Sara 🙂
    Smiling In Second Grade

  14. Amber

    March 9, 2012 at 2:22 am

    Congrats- That is really awesome!!!

    ✰Amber
    Sparkles, Smiles, and Student Teaching

  15. Lisa

    March 9, 2012 at 2:26 am

    Awesome!!! So proud for you! 🙂

    Live Laugh and Love to Learn

  16. Lory

    March 9, 2012 at 2:47 am

    Wahoo!!! Congratulations on your second book. It is such a process however so fun to see the finished product 😉
    Way to go!
    Lory
    Lory's Page

  17. Rachelle

    March 9, 2012 at 2:50 am

    Hey I know her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  18. Patty Rutenbar

    March 9, 2012 at 3:02 am

    That is just so cool! I'm very excited for you! Seeing your name on a book must be such a proud moment! Enjoy this fame!
    Patty

  19. Gladys

    March 9, 2012 at 3:16 am

    Congratulations!!!! You're amazing!

  20. Kreative in Kinder

    March 9, 2012 at 4:02 am

    That's AWESOME Erica!! Congrats!

  21. Ms.M

    March 9, 2012 at 5:20 am

    You are like a teaching machine. 🙂 Congrats.

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

  22. Erin Sample

    March 9, 2012 at 6:05 am

    Congratulations!
    That's great!

    Erin
    FanaticaboutFirst

  23. Jenn Bates

    March 9, 2012 at 6:55 am

    Congratulations on your 2nd book!!! You are an amazing and talented teacher, friend!
    Jenn
    Finally in First

  24. Jodi

    March 9, 2012 at 11:45 am

    How exciting! I feel like I know a celebrity 🙂 You are so awesome!!!

    Jodi
    fun-in-first.blogspot.com

  25. Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron

    March 9, 2012 at 8:49 pm

    wow girl!!! CONGRATS!!! That is SOOOOO awesome!!!

  26. Unknown

    March 10, 2012 at 1:45 am

    This is so cool! I feel like I 'know' an author! Hehe…This will definitely be at the top of my list! Congratulations!!!! ~Heidi V.

  27. Sandra

    March 10, 2012 at 1:52 am

    Congratulations!! What an accomplishment!!
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

  28. Angela

    March 10, 2012 at 3:41 am

    Wow, how awesome! Congratulations!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

  29. Mrs. Cupcake

    March 10, 2012 at 8:48 am

    Wow, awesome!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

  30. Kathy

    March 11, 2012 at 9:02 pm

    Oops! pressed the wrong button.
    Congratulations! Well done.
    "Teachers can change lives with just the right mix of chalk and challenges. – Joyce A. Myers"
    Kathy

  31. Mrs.Cook

    March 13, 2012 at 2:55 am

    That is so cool! I will have to check it out!

    Ashley

    http://firstgradesmartcookies.blogspot.com

  32. Kristen

    March 14, 2012 at 12:37 am

    Oh my word Erica, this is just incredible! I knew you did this, but to see it in print–WOW!! I am hugely impressed, but not surprised in the least. Your work is phenomenol! Congrats!!!

  33. Sarah Mackey

    March 14, 2012 at 1:56 am

    Sarah
    Mackey'sClassroom

    Just nominated you for the Top 10 Blog award. You deserve it and have helped me out so much.

  34. Ashley

    March 15, 2012 at 12:04 am

    How awesome to see your own name in print! On a real book! Too cool! I gave you a shout out on my blog today for a little thing I like to call Tippy Tuesday, this week on a Wednesday. You are awesome!

    Ashley
    Live2Learn

  35. Kristen Bowers

    March 15, 2012 at 11:33 pm

    Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
    Kristen
    Secondary Solutions

  36. Mrs. Patton

    March 25, 2012 at 10:03 pm

    Congrats! Just purchased this… 🙂

    Have a great week!

    Colleen Patton
    Mrs. Patton’s Patch

  37. Jessi Wallace

    July 10, 2012 at 12:59 am

    I am a homeschool mom and I just ordered your books. I am getting SO excited for school to start this year. I was looking for fun spelling activities that get my child away from always doing worksheets. What a GREAT resource I can use for years to come!!

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs