• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Have Yourself a Very Common Core Christmas!

School does not end until December 23rd here in Lindenhurst, Long Island.  So, I have been working away at my Common Core Christmas packet.  Please, check it out by clicking {here} or any of the pictures below! 
Here are a few activities included in the packet.
Click {here} for your free sample, which includes this Substitute Santa job application!
BTW -My pal, Cara Carroll, of the fabulous The First Grade Parade, has an adorable Elf Application that you must check out (click {here})!
We created these Substitute Santa projects after reading these books:
    
Santa’s Beard Holiday Card
Santa and Rudolph Make Ten to Add
Christmas Tree Addition – Three Addends
Reindeer Hats
I will post more photos as we complete more activities.  I also plan on posting some Hanukkah freebies.  So please, make sure you follow my blog so you don’t miss out!  You can click on the picture below to purchase my unit today.

This 90 page packet is full of math and literacy activities aligned to the Common Core standards.  Also included are parent letters and arts and craft activities.  All tracers are included and sample photographs for the art projects.

Math Activities:
Rudolph and Santa Ways to Make Five
Rudolph and Santa Ways to Make Ten
Rudolph and Santa Make Ten to Add
Elf Domino Fact Families
Christmas Tree Addition – Three Addends
Christmas Estimation

Literacy Activities:
Santa Stuck Writing Prompt
Dear Santa Letter
A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree Writing Prompt
Substitute Sant Job Applications
If I Were a Reindeer Writing Prompt
Who Will Guide Santa’s Sleigh Writing Prompt
Polar Express Venn Diagram
How I Celebrate The December Holidays Writing Homework
Art Projects:
Student Santas
Hand and Footprint Reindeer
Santa’s Beard Holiday Card
Polar Express Candy Train
Reindeer Hat

Click {here} to download a free sample from this packet 🙂

 As always, please email me with any suggestions or comments 🙂

Filed Under: Christmas, Common Core, Math Centers, Teachers Pay Teachers, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Polar Express Movie Party Ticket and More!
Next Post: Happy Hanukkah! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. A Teacher's Treasure

    December 14, 2011 at 3:26 am

    Great activities! What a wonderful way to tie the benchmarks into the holidays!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

  2. YearntoLearn

    December 14, 2011 at 3:29 am

    Ho Ho Ho…Love your Substitute Santas!

    Yearn to Learn Blog

  3. Kristen

    December 14, 2011 at 3:32 am

    ok, as usual, I am amazed at the things you create! Want to come teach/create in fifth grade?! 🙂

    I just wanted to stop by and pass on a little holiday card as a way of saying thanks for everything this year. You can even pass it along, if you'd like. The link is here: http://www.heypasteit.com/clip/0532
    If not, no worries and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! 🙂
    Kristen

  4. Jennifer

    December 14, 2011 at 3:59 am

    So cute!!

  5. Ali

    December 14, 2011 at 10:50 am

    We go until Dec 23rd also in Rochester….is it a NY State thing to go until the last possible day?! We don't even have a half day! That's the least they could have done for us! 🙂 LOVE all your things though! We aren't allowed to teach anything with Christmas related things though 🙁 due to the religion policy in our school.

    Ali

  6. Mrs Johnson's First Grade

    December 14, 2011 at 8:07 pm

    I am so glad we are not the only district having to start our holiday break December 23rd!! You have such cute stuff Erica! I also follow you on Pinterest:)

    Stacy

  7. Tanya

    December 14, 2011 at 9:42 pm

    I love your substitute Santa application, adorable! Up here in Poughkeepsie we have school until the 23rd too. Happy Holidays!
    ☺ Tanya
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

  8. Lauren Blackmon

    December 15, 2011 at 2:00 am

    We are going until the 23rd too and no snow days yet. Uggh! I love the job app. This will be a perfect activity for next Monday. This would be a simple writing activity/display and it would look very cute in their 1st grade scrapbooks for Decemeber.
    -Lauren
    http://www.weeklyhive.blogspot.com

  9. Sarah Cooley

    December 15, 2011 at 2:28 am

    I LOVE your Santa applications! JUST PRECIOUS!!!

  10. MadiParkMom

    December 15, 2011 at 3:28 am

    Love your stuff Erica! I am in Arizona and we get out the 20th and my daughter in high school gets out the 23rd. Here many elementary and high school districts are separate with differing schedules. It is crazy!!

  11. Jill :)

    December 16, 2011 at 1:18 am

    Do you have a January packet? 🙂

  12. Anonymous

    January 1, 2012 at 1:06 am

    I subscribe to all 13 blogs.
    simond@evsd.org

  13. Mrs. Young

    January 1, 2012 at 1:06 am

    I follow all 13 blogs!!!!!!
    You are all wonderful

  14. Anonymous

    January 1, 2012 at 1:07 am

    I subscribe to all 13 TPT posts.
    simond@evsd.org

  15. Mrs. Young

    January 1, 2012 at 1:12 am

    I faithfully follow all 13 TPT posts!!!
    I know i am addicted!!!!
    luyoung@roadrunner.com

  16. Anonymous

    January 1, 2012 at 2:48 am

    I follow all 13 blogs and all 13 teachers pay teachers sites – I wish I would have know about these things last year that was my first year of teaching first grade – thank you all so very much

  17. rayadair

    January 1, 2012 at 5:18 am

    I follow all 13 blogs! I follow all 13 TPT sites too! I so love your stuff! Amazing! Thank you for sharing. Happy New Year~ Can't wait for new stuff : )

  18. Anonymous

    January 1, 2012 at 6:45 am

    I follow all 13 blogs and I follow all 13 TPT sites, too! I love all the ideas! I've taught first grade for many years and I love to change things up! A friend of mine turned me on to these sites and apologized a head of time for my addiction. She was SPOT ON!!! Happy New Year!
    Thanks,
    Lynn

  19. Tot Play: A Learning Journey

    January 20, 2012 at 5:37 pm

    I love the Santa and Rudolph Make Ten Addition sheet! Your work is amazing! I wish I had seen this before Christmas.

  20. Anonymous

    November 27, 2012 at 7:30 pm

    Do you have a template for the Santa suit the kids are "wearing" as they hold the application? I am not artistic at all and am having trouble making it look good :).

    • Erica Bohrer

      November 27, 2012 at 10:04 pm

      The templates are included in the packet for sale in my TpT store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Have-Yourself-a-Very-Common-Core-Christmas

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Kids will tell you everything! You know it is goi Kids will tell you everything!  You know it is going to be some drama when they start with “My mom told me not to tell you this but…” 

Parents, we know sometimes they exaggerate and we follow up for clarification, if we are concerned.  For example: One time a kid came in and said she was a 1 because her mom pushed her.  A little boy who was her neighbor and also in the class, said BUT she was trying to save you from getting hit by a car! 

What are some of the things you have heard or maybe your child has said?

#teachertruth #teacherhumor
Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for Welcome back to school…here is a cold or virus for you! 

I can’t keep you healthy but I can give you some F R E E signs.  I also have them in neutral colors.  Comment GERMS for the links!

#germs #backtoschool #classroomdecor
Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom Here are some of my favorite fall themed classroom ideas!  From my free banner writing prompts to no prep slides and crafts that can stay up until Thanksgiving.  To grab the links, comment FALL below 👇 and I will send you a message.

#fallteachingideas #firstgradeteacher
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs