• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Dr. Seuss Items at Target’s Dollar Spot

Target is my $100 dollar store, because I always end up spending around that much when I go.  It has everything!  I love their large packs of Zone bars, sweatshirts, pet supplies, beach cover-ups, cleaning products, I could go on and on!  Anyway, you must check out these adorable, ONE DOLLAR, small, Dr. Seuss bins I got at the dollar spot at Target.  I plan on using them with Donna Glynn’s Dr. Seuss Math and Literacy Unit.  I also grabbed these bookmarks and stickers.  I use the bookmarks and stickers with my Dr. Seuss Take-Home Bag.  They have cute small tote bags and pencils, too!
Click the picture below for directions to my Dr. Seuss Take-Home Bag.

Filed Under: Dr. Seuss, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Back from Vacation and States Needed for Postcard Exchange
Next Post: Back to School Organizational Forms and Free Celebrations Reminder Book »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Kathy

    July 8, 2011 at 8:59 pm

    I just made a run to Target myself. They have lots of good things for a dollar. I got the Dr. Seuss pins. I'm not sure if I can keep them until March. I will definitely look for the bins. THANKS for sharing!

    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

  2. Tara

    July 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm

    So cute!! I wish all the Targets would have the same things!!!! I keep seeing such cute stuff that my Target doesn't have:((

    4th Grade Frolics

  3. Delena Allen

    July 8, 2011 at 9:48 pm

    I wanted to go to Target today, but I had too many other things to do. We are going camping for the weekend. Therefore, Target will be on my list next week along with School Box (They are having a sale soon. I received a flyer. I need to buy a pocket chart with deep pockets and name plates.)I will keep you posted on my finds. lol
    Delena
    Learn with ME in Grade Three

  4. luvzenkms2(Leea)

    July 9, 2011 at 12:02 am

    Ok adding these to the never ending search for Target Dr. Seuss items….I just did a post on my blog about my obsession in finding these things ..LOL….Thanks for sharing ..really:)

  5. First Grade and Fancy Free

    July 9, 2011 at 1:37 am

    I purchased really cute Dr. Seuss erasers and pencils for prizes in my classroom (March IS pretty far way, lol) Last year I bought the Dr. Seuss pins and I was able to wear one each day of the week, since we do a week long celebration the birthday week. Also noticed that Michaels has a pretty big selection of Dr. Seuss items. So fun!

  6. Jan Brady

    July 9, 2011 at 2:08 am

    I'm on my way to Target NOW!
    Thanks for sharing!
    – Jan
    http://firstgradehoneybunch.blogspot.com

  7. Ashley

    July 9, 2011 at 4:35 am

    I LOVE these! I can't wait to make a trip to Target!! Thanks for sharing!
    Ashley

  8. Kinderpond

    July 9, 2011 at 4:19 pm

    I hope that my Target gets this Seuss stuff out ASAP! I am turing into the crazy lady again!!!!!

    One year, one of my student's parents worked at Target so I had an inside track. Loved that!

    Jennifer

  9. Just4Teachers

    July 9, 2011 at 5:25 pm

    I CAN'T FIND THEM!! 🙁 I'm so sad. I just posted your picture on Facebook to see if any of my friends can find them at their Targets…because I can't find them at mine. They are so cute!!! Wish me luck! 🙂

    Debi
    Just 4 Teachers: Sharing Across Borders

  10. YearntoLearn

    July 9, 2011 at 9:54 pm

    I'm crossing my fingers that my Target has these.

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog

  11. sydney

    July 10, 2011 at 1:51 am

    Thanks for sharing this Erica. Mine didn't have the bookmarks tonight, but they had little totes and I thought about doing take home bags!
    Lessons Learned

  12. Mrs.Voss

    July 10, 2011 at 1:58 am

    I went yesterday. Spent almost 100 bucks and never made it further than the DOLLAR SPOT! oh my! But, they did not have bins, they had Dr. Seuss totes instead… I got all 4 of course! Don't you love Target!?

  13. Melissa C.

    July 10, 2011 at 2:27 am

    I wish Target was closer to my house!! Thanks for the cute Dr. Seuss file! I will share it with my K and 1 teachers. Come on over to my blog- I am celebrating 100 followers!!! with my first giveaway… Life's a Teach!!

  14. Bigbird (Robin)

    July 10, 2011 at 3:27 am

    Thanks for the ideas for the Dr. Seuss take home bag. I just got some totes and bins today. They are so cute. Really appreciate the sharing. I am loving this blogging and sharing!!

  15. Tammi

    July 10, 2011 at 3:43 am

    Guess who has two thumbs and is going to Target tomorrow…. This girl!

  16. Susan

    July 10, 2011 at 11:24 am

    So cute! And I hear The Dollar Spot is marked down to 50 and 75% off right now! Making room for the School Supplies!!!

  17. Amanda Terhune

    July 10, 2011 at 7:36 pm

    I'm going to hit up Target tomorrow! Thanks for the post!

  18. Lauren Blackmon

    July 11, 2011 at 1:53 am

    Thanks for the heads up. That stuff usually goes quick. My friend has a seuss theme this year. She will love this. Thanks
    -Lauren
    http://www.weeklyhive.blogspot.com

  19. Sheila O.

    July 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm

    Just got back from Target! Love that store! They just got in their shipment of Seuss items and the clerk couldn't unpack it fast enough! (I live in IL) So… if your store didn't have it last week, it might have it now. Have fun!!!

  20. Randi Lembke

    July 12, 2011 at 4:50 pm

    Thanks for the great ideas. I am new to professional blogging and I am completely addicted because of blogs like yours:)

    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

  21. Amy

    July 12, 2011 at 8:07 pm

    I was just at Target and spent 23$ on Seuss items! But I didn't get the little bins you're showing, I couldn't think of how I would use them (and I already had a lot in my cart.) What specifically are you going to do with yours?

  22. Christie

    July 14, 2011 at 6:15 am

    Oh yeah! I was at Target today too! Grabbed the tote bags and pencils-didn't see those adorable little boxes! Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow! 🙂
    First Grade Fever

  23. Miss Bowers

    July 14, 2011 at 6:17 am

    Oh.My.! Cute stuff! And I'm right with you on the "$100 store!"

    http://firstgradejabber.blogspot.com/

  24. Anonymous

    July 15, 2011 at 11:30 am

    For some reason I always find out that the $1 section has things I need one or two weeks AFTER I do a theme unit haha. That being said, on occasion I have stocked up for the next year in hopes we'll get around to that same theme again.

    -Christi

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs