• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer

Ericas Ed-Ventures

Primary Education Ideas

  • Home
  • Blog
  • Classroom Decor Inspiration
  • Teacher Style
  • Shop
  • Contact

Guided Reading Planning Sheets

I am teaching a course on Guided Reading and tomorrow we will be working on planning guided reading lessons.  So, I created a cute graphic organizer to for planning the guided reading lesson. Click {here} to download.

The teachers in my class range from teachers of grade K to grade 5 and there are a few ESL teachers.  Please, let me know if any of you have great blog links for guided reading, guided reading in the upper grades, or teaching reading to ESL students.

Filed Under: Guided Reading, Reading, Uncategorized

Previous Post: « Post Your Pets Linky Party!
Next Post: Be On the Lookout! »

Reader Interactions

Comments

  1. Suddenly...2nd Graders

    March 8, 2011 at 2:47 am

    oooohhhh…my weakness for sure! I wish I could take your class!

  2. Andi

    March 8, 2011 at 2:50 am

    These are really great! This is just what I need for my student teacher. I've showed her what I do and how I plan, but she is still really struggling with planning. Thank you so much for posting this!

    I like Jan Richardson's 'Next Step in Guided Reading,' http://shop.scholastic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_67609_-1_10001_10002

    -Andi
    MadeinFirstGrade

  3. Team Carroll

    March 8, 2011 at 4:54 am

    Oh, I LOVE this template!! I use an Excel spreadsheet for this and this is SO much more "user friendly"!! Thank you for sharing!

    Cara 🙂
    thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com

  4. Ms.M

    March 8, 2011 at 5:30 am

    I don't know if i would call my blog great I'm too humble for that but I am an ELL teacher and I do have a blog. I just recently put up a lesson plan template & it has what I use for guided reading too. You can fin me at http://www.msk1ell.blogspot.com.

    I do have to say Ladybug Teacher Files is a 4th & 5th grade ELL teacher and she has a FANTASTIC blog.

    Ms. M
    http://www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

  5. KindergartenWorks

    March 15, 2011 at 1:31 am

    I posted how I organize a binder for my guided reading. Thanks for sharing!
    KindergartenWorks GR Post

  6. adaptivelearnin

    October 4, 2011 at 8:12 pm

    I am a teacher of ESL students and have used Jan Richardson's Guided Reading program. I created an in class or take-home Sight Word Book and Alphabet Book with Accompanying MP3 files. You may access them on my blog at http://adaptivelearnin.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/sight-word-acquisition-book-and-accompanying-mp3-files/ I am in the process this week of uploading the alphabet book. Look back on my homepage and you should see it up within a few days. I have a son, so I can only work on it as time permits. These books are designed to go straight along with Jan Richardson's program. They however can be used really as an extension practice for any guided reading program. It was designed to give ESL students and parents access to meaningful language at home. Parents of ESL children who don't speak much English normally want to help their children with homework and reading, but don't understand how to say the letters, pronounce the letter sounds, read sight words and pronounce the sight words for their children. This was designed to give parents access to understanding the English words and sounds, and access to being able to help their children with the reading homework. The great thing is that by sending this home, parents learn the words and letters too. That is awesome! These can also be used in class on the computer, i-pod, i-pad, Interactive Whiteboard, CD player with printed book etc. To send it home as a homework practice assignment, I have listed instructions for doing so. I have several more books and files for reading and phonology to download with accompanying MP3. It will take me a few weeks to do that. In the meantime check these two helpful resources out this week. If you have any questions or feedback please send them to me via comments or contact on my blog. Today I will be working on making the MP3 files downloadable because at this moment they are not. The book however can currently be downloaded. I have been receiving many requests to make the MP3 files downloadable so that is what I am working on before I upload the alphabet book. Right now I am staying home with my son, he is a baby and taking a break from the classroom. I did use this book this past year with my ESL students. They gained so much more reading success using this than students I had previous years. Classroom teachers I have worked with are currently still using it. They even have been using it with their general classrooms and SPED teachers have been using it too. It was designed for my ESL students but really anyone can use it. If you ever have questions about teaching guided reading to ESL students, I have a lot I can share and help with, just let me know. You may contact me too via adaptivelearnin@gmail.com Thanks. -Beth Crumpler

  7. Anonymous

    June 5, 2012 at 8:03 pm

    So good post
    and I hope to visit my Blog Ancient Greece for Kids and see Ancient Greece Timeline
    thanks again Admin

Primary Sidebar

  • Email
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Search

Categories

Subscribe via Email

Featured Products

Disclosure: This website/blog contains affiliate links.  What that means is that when you click on a link to a merchant and purchase something, I get a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.

Footer

Latest on Instagram

Select a size tablecloth for your classroom! This Select a size tablecloth for your classroom!  This is great for messy projects or your pencil station table.  Want the link for this easy to use roll?  Comment LINK below.

#amazonfinds #classroomfinds
Bat themed activities and resources for first grad Bat themed activities and resources for first grade!  Want the links to everything you see?  Comment BATS below and I will DM you.

#bats
🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that 🍂🎃 Looking for a FUN fall read-aloud activity that’s ready to go? Meet Stumpkin! 🎃🍂

This FREE digital resource is packed with everything you need for a Halloween/fall themed morning meeting + reading response! 📚✨

🍁 Morning Meeting
🎃 Stumpkin read-aloud
✏️ Reading response
💬 Discussion & comprehension
🧠 Activities to keep your little learners engaged

And the best part… IT’S FREE! 🙌

Perfect for an October morning or a cozy Friday activity! 🍂

💬 Comment STUMPKIN and I’ll send you the link! 🔗

Save this Reel so you have it when you’re planning your October lessons! ❤️

#firstgradeteacher #firstgrade #firstgradeteachers #teacherideas  #morningmeeting
My students LOVE that game. I will hear a random My students LOVE that game. 

I will hear a random meow and say “remember, to keep your headphones on!”

#teacherhumor #iready
🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers ! I hav 🎂Happy 20th Birthday @teacherspayteachers !

I have been with TpT since 2008!  I remember looking for a place where I could share my computer created resources with other teachers without having to set up my own website.  TpT was suggested.  I started off with a few Microsoft Word created resources 😬. At the time, the founder of TpT, Paul and his brother Dana, were single-handedly running things. I loved getting their newsletters.

In 2009 I was in a NY times article for TpT about who owns the copyright to teacher’s lesson plan ideas…the schools or the teachers.  This was not the article the author or editors told me I would be in, but that is another story! 

I stuck with TpT and creating resources and then in 2011, the site really took off and I met all these other amazing teacher-authors and finally met Paul in real life! 

As a single homeowner on a teachers salary, I worked nights and weekends on TpT resources just to be able to afford to live in my little house.  Then something amazing happened, my hard work paid off and I was able to get myself some breathing room.  I am so grateful for TpT for giving my life purpose and financial freedom back in those days.  Even though I am married now, I am so proud of myself for being able to own that little house (I still have it and rent it out) and buy my forever home in my dream neighborhood all by myself.

So many of you found out about TpT and so many more sellers joined.  It truly became the open market place that Paul envisioned all those years ago. 

TpT is still a big part of my life all these years (and hair colors) later.  I know when I eventually retire from teaching, I will be able to do TpT full time.  I love creating and sharing resources (880 and counting) with all of you.

#happybirthdaytpt #tpt
Are you looking for editable parent-teacher confer Are you looking for editable parent-teacher conference slides? These slides will keep you focused, keep your conferences on schedule, and help you feel confident.  You can edit them to meet the needs of your classroom and then duplicate that for every student, adjusting the information as needed. 
Want the links?  Plus, I will send you my FREE editable reminder slips! Just comment LINK below and I will DM you :)

#parentteacherconferences
Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Ha Teachers, is your wing/team looking for an easy Halloween costume idea?  What about The Spice Girls and everyone wears an apron with a different spice!
🎃What other group costume ideas have you done at your school?
Want the link to these aprons, comment exactly SPICE below and I will DM you the link.  It is auto set to send only for that word.

#grouphalloweencostume #halloweencostumeideas
Follow on Instagram

Copyright © 2026 · Website Design By Jumping Jax Designs